+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I get played?

Did I get played?

Well, I seem to be stuck in a really freaky situation. This is going to be a rather long post, but I would appreciate your advice so if you have some time, please read on.

I am a freshman at college and I fell for one of my classmates. To me, he's my shining star. He's pretty much the guy I've been always dreaming about - exactly my kind of guy. He's hot, fun and smart, MAYBE a little shy (but this might be actually the tricky part).
    We are not exactly friends though. We sit close to each other. At first, we just kind of "noticed" each other and our glances would meet, but as the time went, eye contact became quite frequent (and long too) and then once, he would give me the most gorgeous smile. Not like a friendly half smile, but a beautiful wide smile. Our classroom is huge and there's always plenty of space, but he would always somehow find a way to sit close to me (usually he arrives late for class). When he was with his friends, he would act all sweet and funny and then at one point we would look at me AND give me that smile... Sometimes he would show off in front of me, but not in an awkward macho-style, way more cute and gently, more like to prove how fun he is. He hangs out with some guys and a few girls, but I never gave too much of a thought there - secretly I watched how he interacted with others, and I didn't see any seductive glances there. So you can imagine how happy I was. I wouldn't eat much, sleep much, I just couldn't wait for the next class day to start. However, I didn't understand why he would never come talking to me or something - say hi and make a move, anything! I figured I needed to give him a chance to meet me when I was alone, because I'm often with a bunch of people. So I set up a few scenes where he had to run into me, but nothing happened! He would smile beautifully, but never say a word. I didn't understand. Was he really that shy or was there something wrong?
    One day after school I waited for a bus and he and his friends came out of the building, all laughing, apparently they were having fun. I couldn't watch the whole situation carefully, that would be just weird, but I saw that he was playing around with a GIRL, and a little too intimately to my taste (no hugs or kisses, just playing with hands, but still). I am positive he saw me standing there, plus their group was about 15 yards away from me. They stood there for a few minutes and when they were leaving, well, what I saw, it just completely broke my heart. As they were leaving, that girl - he was holding her around shoulders and she kind of had a hand put on his back - or more his backpack (or his butt?!). You can imagine how disgustingly tricked I felt. I was standing there, frozen, crushed, unable to move. So I thought, this is it? This is the reason he wouldn't do anything? Actually, this happened just yesterday... Next I'm going to see him on Wednesday, I don't know what to think or what to do. Did I get played?

Is there any chance that this girl was his good friend or whatever, sister, cousin (just NOT his girlfriend) or am I being tragically delusional and all is lost?
    Sorry for this rather long post... I wanted to know your opinion, because this is a big deal for me. It takes me forever to fall in love, but when I do, I love that person with my whole heart. And the second I met this guy, I knew he was going to be special for me - I felt it that very first second, love at first sight, if you will. That is why I don't want to let go... Usually I am very careful with my feelings, so this totally crushed me... What do you think?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No you weren't played. You imagined something because you wanted to believe it. He may have thought you were cute, but that's probably it.

I agree with g68. It's not like he lied to you. All he did was smile.
    Spammer Spanker