+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love can only go so far.....

Love can only go so far.....

Hi everyone my name is anthony. i have a girlfriend and when me and her first met we were so in love. we would sit on the phone for hours and be talking the whole time. we would call eachother constantly. we were just so in love. i have known her for only about 5-6 months and we have talked about getting married and we have talked about starting a family. The thing is that she is 30. and i am 20. she has already had one big love in her life and he treated her like crap. He cheated on her constantly, he actually threw a knife at her head over the fact that he thought that she had cheated. He was just a nobody. but she always took him back. I have opened up to her and i have told her that she is my 1 and only. and she has told me the same. she has told me that she wants to be with me forever. i told her the same. she lives in oceanside and i live in oxnard. about 2 hours away from eachother. now its different. for the past 2 months, we have argued constantly about the smallest things. she doesnt like to talk on the phone anymore because she says that she has always had a hatred for the phone. but i still call her about 5 to 10 times a day just to see what she is doing. she believes that im smothering her and that i need to let her breath. but i cant stop calling her. im am not obsessed with her, i just love everything about her. she is everything i want in a woman. but my love for her has grown so much faster than her love has grown for me. and today she tells me that she wants a break from me just so that she can see if she misses me. but i cant go a day without talking to her. she says thats scary and that i dont ever give her what she wants. i just dont know what to do anymore. i love her so much and i dont wanna lose her

Sounds like the Honeymoon's over for her.

You have no choice- you HAVE to give her some space. An act of will is called for. Consider it a test she's put before you- don't call her for a while.

If you don't do this, she's going to freak out.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by XxWestside805xX View Post
    but i still call her about 5 to 10 times a day just to see what she is doing. she believes that im smothering her and that i need to let her breath. but i cant stop calling her. im am not obsessed with her, i just love everything about her.
    So...are you denying that you're smothering her?

And are you denying that you're obsessed with her?

Because if that's not obsessive behavior, I don't know what is.

EDIT: You ****ing prick, why the **** did you have to post this 3 ****in' times?

Go cry somewhere else if you're gonna spam the god damn forums.

Boo wah. Anthony, you're obsessing over her and your behaviour is borderline stalkerish. Give her space and if she takes you back into her life, DO NOT call her ten times a day. If nothing else it's annoying and disruptive as hell
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Quote Originally Posted by XxWestside805xX View Post
    i dont wanna lose her
    I think this is your problem. You probably have it stuck in your head for some reason that if you don't constantly maintain contact with her then she will leave or some Fabio will come along and sweep her away....get that thought out of yoru head and trust her a little bit.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

how many times would i be able to call her a day then?? what is a healthy amount??

Call her every other day (I know that seems impossible- but be strong about it). When she starts calling you, you can call her every day, ONCE. I think you should never again talk to her more than once a day. Make it about quality, not quantity.
    Spammer Spanker

wow that was some great advice gigabitch. even if she lives 2 hours away from me?? i mean i only go and see her every other weekend.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really think that the age difference is relevant because it explains your behavior, and I think she is too old for you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seriously.

He lives 2 hours drive.

I live a 3 hour flight away from my girlfriend and I still don't talk to her more than twice a week on the phone.

A break up between them would be the best thing for this guy.

well we are now back 2gether. i gave her her space and she took me back in a heartbeat. i now only call her 2 tell her goodnight and ill throw in a surprise call every now and then.

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great! This reminds me of the Dan Hicks song "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?"
    Spammer Spanker