+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mixed signals..plz help

mixed signals..plz help

Hi everyone,

So..i met a guy through online dating. We hit it off really well...we hooked up on out 4th meet (not full sex) a few days ago. I have noticed that he still goes on the site almost daily...i know that we aren't official, but if he liked me, he wouldn't be on this site again, right?

That is not true. He may be interested in you, but there has been no exclusivity yet, so why wouldn't he go back to the site? Obviously you have been back to the site as well if you have seen that he has been there. Until the two of you are in a committed relationship, you can't say that he "should" or "shouldn't" be doing anything. The same way he can't say something like that about you.

If you assign how you would act to other people, you are just bound for disappointment. Not everyone acts the same way.

I suggest you don't look at the site for a while and just deal with romantic relationships offline for a while.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

It's too early. Some people date more than one person at once. Maybe he is that someone. Perhaps you should be doing that too!

Take it as comfortable as you feel with him but don't expect him to be on the same page as you cos people are different. He has every right to get a feel with other girls as much as you do with other guys....
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Good question. I met my current GF on match and did not even look at it after our excellent date, since I didn't want to see if she was still going on, and/or her see me on. Just signing in for a second makes you on within 24 hours.

Keep in mind, some people have saved passwords that sign them in automatically, or could be re-reading some messages you sent (I did that to refresh my memory about her), or perhaps just checking messages they saw in their email notification.

I would not worry about it, or even check. Think about the two of you, not external influences.

Yep. You didn't mention you two are exclusive in your message, so maybe he assumes you didn't like him much? If you like him, did you tell him? Did you tell him you want another date? Did you tell him your interest in any way at all?

Communication. Communication. Communication.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

You haven't even had sex yet. You expect making out is going to want to make a guy stick around? How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You haven't even had sex yet. You expect making out is going to want to make a guy stick around? How old are you?
    She said just not "full sex", she could have blown him.

This is the chit that scares me when a chick says she is "dating a few people", when sex is expected so soon (yes, I am guilty of this too) how many cawks is she taking?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Hi everyone,

So..i met a guy through online dating. We hit it off really well...we hooked up on out 4th meet (not full sex) a few days ago. I have noticed that he still goes on the site almost daily...i know that we aren't official, but if he liked me, he wouldn't be on this site again, right?
    Sex does not equal boyfriend. You want exclusive, tell him so. Be prepared for a "no" answer, or a lie.

thanks to everyone who gave me MATURE advice. (Backup why bother replying to my question...? You're an idiot)Never said that i wanted to be exclusive with him after 4 dates. Nor did i say that he shouldn't be on the site. I simply asked if him being on the site meant that he has no feelings for me

same thing happened to my friend.... i dont think online dating has a future... hes probably using you.. sorry girl.