+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Looks only matter to young women?.

Why do Looks only matter to young women?.

From what I have seen women only Lust after good looking guys, no ridiculous amount of cavemanning or confidence is going to make her attracted to you if she doesn't like your face.

This is how i think attraction really works. If she like how you look you can show your confidence or personality to her if not then the show will never begin. So confidence doesn't open the door but helps after it has been opened.

We all know we live in shallow society. Would women love Ryan Gosling if he had average face?. They love him because of his confidence right right?.

So why do not women admit that looks play a big role in attraction?. I'm not angry because women lust after good looking men(I like good looking women) but rather that they claim that personality and confidence is all that matters. If women would be more honest i would have no problem with it.

Instead men are blamed that their lack of success with women is because of low confidence, personality.

It's this simple: If you are good looking then dating is easy if not then your out of luck.

Everyone has a different definition of beauty and everyone has a type that they are attracted to. My type is nice teeth, short tidy hair, nice clothes/shoes, gentle eyes and im a sucker for dimples lol. I must admit i also love athletic/fit body..

Other women could have a completely different type to me..

Personality is also important. If your not a nice person-i dont want to know you, no matter how good looking you are. Does that answer your qs?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Everyone has a different definition of beauty and everyone has a type that they are attracted to. My type is nice teeth, short tidy hair, nice clothes/shoes, gentle eyes and im a sucker for dimples lol. I must admit i also love athletic/fit body..

Other women could have a completely different type to me..

Personality is also important. If your not a nice person-i dont want to know you, no matter how good looking you are. Does that answer your qs?
    I think beauty is not subjective, we only take what we can get looks wise.

If people could choose between Ferrari and a Honda Civic the Ferrari would be choosen in 97%+ cases. But most people can't afford it.

There are girls out there who find almost only guy cute but they are the minority. Most people are nice?. It doesn't justifie anything.

I don't like Ryan Gosling.

well as tough as it is to say most people are first attracted to others by their looks. I mean you don't know anybody until you start talking to them and find out their personality, so when you're out and see some really good looking your initial attraction to them is based on how they look. then you get to know the person and if they have a personality you like, you grow attracted to that too. for me physical attraction is a must because I just couldn't imagine being with someone I didn't find physically attractive. there needs to be an emotional and physical connection in order for the relationship to really work. but that being said, everyone has their own view of what's attractive and what isn't, everyone has different tastes and styles so to one person a guy could be really good looking whereas to another he might not be that cute. it's all subjective and like that corny cliche says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". but to answer your questions, that is why looks matter, because there needs to be a physical connection as well as an emotional one.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    what?! haha he is gorgeous <3 see this just goes to show everyone has different tastes cause I think he's so attractive

I am totally one to admit there needs to be a physical attractiveness about a guy. I don't know why some girls wouldn't tell the truth. maybe I am shallow or too picky but that's just how I feel. I couldn't be with someone if I wasn't physically into them. what would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    I am totally one to admit there needs to be a physical attractiveness about a guy. I don't know why some girls wouldn't tell the truth. maybe I am shallow or too picky but that's just how I feel. I couldn't be with someone if I wasn't physically into them. what would be the point?
    There's nothing shallow about that, great post. But i believe that women once(50's-90's) cared much more about personality than men ever did but today we are pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Did you say that just to prove your point?. It doesn't really matter since 70%+ find him attractive(universally good looking).

So what guy is attractive to you?.

Don't ask broads; they ain't gonna be honest. They never are. That's why they're usually portrayed as deceptive.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Who's Ryan Gosling?

I think looks get you in the door, but personality is what sets the deal. And I also agree that looks are subjective. I'm actually attracted to rather ordinary looking blokes. At the risk of sounding like LR, I have to say that when I see a hot guy, I tend to assume (probably wrongly) that he's too vain for me.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

never mind.....I just Googled Ryan Gosling. Nope, he wouldn't turn my head.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyHotGuy View Post
    Did you say that just to prove your point?. It doesn't really matter since 70%+ find him attractive(universally good looking).
    Do you know what "universally" means? In this context, it means that EVERYONE thinks Ryan Gosling is good looking. I don't think he is, so no, he is not "universally good looking".

I've dated a guy I originally thought was the complete opposite of attractive. As I got to know him better, I realized I was attracted to him. It happens!
    Last edited by searock; 18-02-13 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I have to say that when I see a hot guy, I tend to assume (probably wrongly) that he's too vain for me.
    :') You've come a long way. Glad to see my teachings prosper.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

>>You've come a long way. Glad to see my teachings prosper. <<

You really think you're so clever that you were able reach way back and teach my teenage self how to pick a man? Moron

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast