+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is a shaved bald head on a 19 year old guy a deal breaker for attracting young women?

Is a shaved bald head on a 19 year old guy a deal breaker for attracting young women?

I'm a 19 year old who after my father passed I got a benign stress condition that caused me to lose a lot of scalp hair diffusely, it became permanent so I just decided to shave it down to the skin, people say it looks decent on me (surprising as I'm a skinny white guy) and honestly I don't mind it, except for what girls I find attractive are going to think, see one of my biggest goals was to be married In my 20's to a girl the same age who I was attracted to body and mind, I won't lie, looks matter and I think we all agree they definitely factor, and I do have high standards, but as I said it's something I take seriously, I only need one girl in the end and you have to be attracted to them, but I'm concerned that the shaved head will be a dealbreaker for all the decent (if not all) girls my age and screw over that dream. So that's the question for ladies in their early 20's, is a shaved head going to put me at a disadvantage to 'hairy' guys, will it be a dealbreaker for attracting girls I'm mutually attracted to, or can it be attractive and is not really as big an issue as I'm making it? Thanks for your time

No, it can look hot on alot of guys & if it is a dealbreaker then they aren't the right girl for you.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

If it is a deal breaker for some women, then those women will just steer clear of you. There are still plenty left that find a bald head and a nice trimmed beard or goatee quite sexy and attractive. I'd do Bruce Willis in a heart-beat. lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It all depends....some guys it makes them sex hot, others they look like an alien.

Name:  conehead.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  26.3 KB

Baldness is one of the sexiest looks on a man for me. i wish more men would know this and wear it proudly

The issue for me is guys similarly in my situation say the same thing but say the group that stays clear of you is all the attractive girls, which like I said in the post I have standards and looks do matter, so to me (if it's true that's the group that avoids baldies this young) then to me I'm still screwed over.

"say the group that stays away from you is all the attractive girls" Will you reread what you wrote so that you can see how ridiculously negative thinking that is not to mention how bloody unlikely that would even happen.

What are you planning on doing, going for 12's when you're a 6? (just sayin, don't take the numbers given as an actuality) If that's the case, then it will certainly happen whether you have hair or you don't.

Hair in this day and age of the fully shaved head is not important to as many women as it once was.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Dear O.P Beav,
    Your concerned all the 'decent' girls in your age range will consider a shaved head a deal breaker? Well if you want a superficial girl who merely looks at the outer layer your on the right track.
    Then i'd ask, why on EArth would you want a superficial girl in the first place. Your kind of putting yourself down and I wonder why.
    Here's a heads up: any young girl that walks away or doesn't even give a good guy a chance merely due to a shaved head is no one you'd want anyway now is it? Unless your projecting what you yourself expect of another.

If i were you, I'd consider the shaved head a screening device to ween out the flakes.

Seems the girls you find attractive may be lacking in variable certain depths and you'd be wise to sit back, reflect and figure out wether you want a quality woman or someone from the cast of 'mean girls'. They may look good in a skirt but I can assure you, if you really want a quality woman and to be married before you hit 30, open your eyes a little wider and perhaps re assess your so called high standards. High standards for what? Looks? or depth of character, compassionate approaches and a beautiful person inside out.

Let me make it clear on two fronts; looks matter, without initial attraction that is part of human nature I couldn't make myself have an intimate relationship with the girl, I'll be friends with anyone true, but I do need to find the person physically unique and special as well. Point two; there are supermodel girls I went to school with who I wouldn't touch if you payed me because of they way they treated people or acted. So it is a mix for me, I don't like rating girls after all it's either I'm attracted to them or not. No in between, and while I can name a couple of important features I look at physically (slender build and face is important) and mentally (intelligent and caring) I don't really have set things like 'must be blonde' or. 'Like this kinda music' like some of my friends. I use this post is an example respectfully to point out that I do care about the girls personality as well, but I admit that looks are the required first step in the door, and I blame no one else for having those terms either, so yes my high standards are also on looks to in honesty. My father was very military, 75th Ranger-and he drilled into me to never tell a woman I don't care about I love her, and never tell a woman I don't find attractive both for her body and mind she's beautiful, it sounds cold but with good intent to prevent hurting people further. That's what I live by.
    Last edited by BeaveCake; 11-02-15 at 08:51 PM.

I'm basically in your age range, BeaverCake & look at my answer
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Okay... lets just say that you'll never find someone now that you're bald. Does that satisfy your negative nature enough?

I never said I wanted that answer, I only pointed out that guys who were similarly in my situation on another site said attractive girls steered clear of them, I pointed that out in response to someone here saying some will steer clear some won't and just posting my worry the group that will stay clear would be women I'm interested in.

Why not cross THAT bridge when you come to it instead of fretting about something that you have no idea will even happen?

Just off the thread title question you asked, No it isn't. A persons personality and character matter more to me then how much hair they have on their head or if they shave their head because they like the look or because they are losing their hair.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

As long as your head is the same color as your face, you will be fine. It only looks weird if his face is a little tanned but head is pure white
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".