+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just bought a site - want ideas to make it better

Just bought a site - want ideas to make it better

Ok I just purchased the site/domain - teenranting.com

At the moment I havn't touched it and it is just a forum. I'm planning to keep the forum as I think it's a cool feature for any site, esp. teen aimed sites

I want to over haul it though and give it an actual site so I thought this would be a good place to ask for ideas.

The name is OK - not great - ranting - not to sure how catchy that is so maybe I might even change the domain!

Anyways I wanted to ask you, what kind of things would you like to see on such a site.

A site aimed at teens is the idea -

Media section - with various videos
    Celebrity news section - teens love celeb stuff

I don't want to make it too "intensive" with a login feature, leave that to the forum but the main site I want to have a bit of different things for everybody to enjoy.

Any ideas?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are marketing to kids, is there any way to keep out the perverts?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

woah, it looks very nice. The internet is anonymous, so you can't do any more than ban people who are obviously behaving like perverts. Other than that, you just need a warning- ie, don't meet people you only know from online, don't give out your address, full name... whatever. (heh.. i'm a hypocrite... )

Oh man, don't start on that angle - it's really annoying and lame

Perverts can come and go as they wish, my site is a site for teens to hang out, chat, watch media, talk on forums, look at pics of celebs, vote on polls

The whole sexual/pedo area, I don't really care about or am not interested in because I don't think like that so it doesn't bother me or come in my mind

If a pedo wants to hang out on my forums then w/e, I don't care, as long as he doesn't say he is one and remains disguised as a 14 year old chick on the forum lol

The site - yes it is just a forum right now, that's nothing, it is going to look a hell lot more awesome once I implement the actual site to it

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahh, the socially responsible type.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Give the specs. What forum software are you using? Server specs? SQL, PHP-enabled? How much access? UNIX, Win32, or Win64? Apache or IIS?

I'd look myself, but I'm too damn lazy.

lol why do you want to know the specs of it? That's the weirdest thing anyones ever asked me!

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scr33n-raider View Post
    lol why do you want to know the specs of it? That's the weirdest thing anyones ever asked me!
    Because (depending on your experience) you could write certain web applications to enhance the site, but that all depends on how much power you're running with.