+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sayin hi!

sayin hi!

Hello...nice 2 be here. Been readin some of the topics and every1 seems very friendy and supportive. Im 34 and have been going through a seperation for bout a year. We were 2gether 4 16 years and have been married 4 6 of them. Im living on my own for the first time in my life and I started dating a 22 yr old guy about 4 months ago. He is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me but i worry about where are relationship is heading. My husband still wants to get back together but i tried twice and it didnt work. I dont have any children but would love 2 have some 1 day. I work with the elderly and love to spend time with my friends and go on vacation as much as possible. Well i guess thats enough 4 now...i hope to make some new friends here and hope i can help in anyway i can..lol

Welcome dymond. Bummer to hear about your marriage breaking up! How did it happen? Also, are you worried about the age difference between you and your new bf?

hi. i'm misombra. welcome.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm... never be4 have i heard a 34 year old use this sort of language 2 talk 2 other people.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

thanks guys..well the reason we split was because i settled for something I really wasnt happy with for along time. Dont get me wrong I loved him very much and still do but he just didn't make me happy for the most part..we couldnt agree on anything. Either of us would back down and he started getting more distant. We went to therapy and for the first 5 mins he sat there on his cell. It's taken me along time to get my life back in order but I feel this is 4 the best. oh to answer ur question but my boyfriend..he's the first person I've been with after my seperation and it amazes me how much I've missed out in my life as far as a healthy relationship goes. He treats me like gold, always there 4 me and I've NEVER had such open and honest communation with some1 in my life. The only prob is i feel like I'm starting all over...He is of course not really 4 kids and is leaving 4 school in the fall. I feel this relationship has the potental to last for a very long time but we are just at different points in are lives right now and it's scary..lol

Illusional...what sort of language do u feel is appropriate 4 a 34 yr old to use..i"ll like 2 know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dymondgirl
    The only prob is i feel like I'm starting all over...He is of course not really 4 kids and is leaving 4 school in the fall. I feel this relationship has the potental to last for a very long time but we are just at different points in are lives right now and it's scary..lol
    Well I wish you luck on that new relationship. Sound exciting, even if it is a little scary. Do you think you'll be able to continue, what with him going to school and all?

Illusional...what sort of language do u feel is appropriate 4 a 34 yr old to use..i"ll like 2 know...
    Well I know for me, it would be easier to read your posts if you didn't have all the numbers in place of words (2 = to, or 4 = for). You're not txting ya know!!

sorry i txt alot..lol habit i guess. Yes i do think we could make it. I'm the first person he's ever told he loved. Apperently he was notorous for not having a girlfriend. All his friends stare at me when we go out, like..there's the girl that finally got him or something. It's actually quite funny in a way. He still has alot to learn about being in a relationship with a women but is willing to learn. We got into a little fight one time and thought because I was unhappy it was over. I had to explain that couples will disagree and sometimes fight but if you love someone you don't just walk away. After we made up he couldn't believe he was ready to leave so easily...lol

I wish you all the luck in the world in keeping this guy. Sounds like a great relationship so far!

I'm the first person he's ever told he loved. Apperently he was notorous for not having a girlfriend.
    Be careful with this, if he is saying you are the first person he has loved. I've been in a similar situation with my past two relationships, I was their first "true love" and both ended because they weren't past the "college stage" lets just say where they still had a lot of growing up and life changes to go through. I am 24 and my now ex is 19 and so basically I feel like I taught her how a relationship works because I was there for her, talk to her...did the things I feel a woman wants in a relationship only to have it end because it wasn't really what she was ready for.

All his friends stare at me when we go out, like..there's the girl that finally got him or something.
    Now this part I don't know how old his friends are or what you all do for fun, but I guess if my buddy was dating a 34 year old woman I don't think I'd be staring at you because you got him, but because you're that much older than us. For me I think it would be weird to be hanging out with an older woman at that age in my life. I'm not saying you wouldn't be fun to hang out with or anything, just making an opinion from the other side.

Best of luck to you though, I hope it does work out and that he really is willing to learn and stay with you if you two are happy together.
    [url=http://www.chaoseffect.net][/url]

thank you very much for the imput Dark Maversty. We have talked about are age difference and him going to school. He already attended college a few years ago but it didn't work out for him at that time. You might be right about the college stage not being over but as far as girls his age he's not interested in having a relationship with them at all. Apperently the longest relationship he's had was with a 25 yr old and that lasted a month. He is attracted to older women and said he has been since he was 16. I'm not saying he hasn't slept with girls his own age tho. We've told each other are "numbers" and i almost fell over when he said 14..lol

I can see why he can't stand being with girls his own ago tho, I've met alot of his girl friends and they are very inmature and superfical. As far as everyone staring...he has takin me out to meet them a few times and i've talked to many of the guys about us being together. They all say he was known for never having a "girlfriend" and to see him talk and act this way about someone is out of the norm. they all know I'm older but not how much. i don't look my age so i've been told many times before. People tell me I look 24 all the time, men and women. I guess it all comes down to trusting this guy and i do. He's more mature now at 22 then my husband ever was...lol

haha you can speak or type any way that you prefer. i just point out the obvious.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...