+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Jesus?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Got Jesus?

I hope this thread doesn't offend anyone, but I love these kinds of stories:

[url]http://my.earthlink.net/article/str?guid=20100105/1b9ef7fd-acd4-45e3-a7cc-d87ed86d752f[/url]

Crosses in potatoes appear to online sellers

Move over, Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese. Step aside, Fish Stick Jesus.

Online bidders, meet the Holy Cross Potato. Both of them.

Yes, the 2009 holiday season bestowed (at least) two miraculous spuds with crosses at their centers. Aside from the sizes of the spuds, the main difference is price.

The potato discovered first, by Dennis Bort of Brunswick, Ohio, on Christmas Day, was listed Tuesday on eBay with an asking bid of $1,000. The second, found by a couple in Marion, Iowa, on New Year's Eve, was on sale with bids starting at $2.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Excerpts from [url]http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/WolfFiles/story?id=307227&page=1[/url]

Hungry for Miracles? Try Jesus on a Fish Stick
    $28,000 Grilled Cheese Madonna Opens Door for Food of the Gods

1. The Miracle Tortilla of New Mexico
    On Oct. 5, 1977, Maria Rubio of Lake Arthur, N.M., was filling a tortilla with eggs, chiles and beans when she looked in her skillet and saw something that would change her life.

''It looks like our Lord Jesus Christ,'' she reportedly told her daughters.

Shaken, the family drove to a church in the nearby town of Dexter, where a priest tried to convince her that it was all a coincidence. Rubio nevertheless persuaded the priest, however reluctantly, to bless what was her day-old breakfast.

2. The Jesus Fish Stick

News of the Grilled Cheese Virgin Mary last week spurred Fred Whan of Ontario, Canada, to dig into his freezer for what some may believe to be a heavenly work of cod -- a burned fish stick resembling Jesus.

The 40-year-old man says he was cooking dinner for his kids and other children he was baby-sitting when the blessed event occurred. "No one wanted them because they were burned," he said. "So I thought I'd better give them to the dogs."

3. The 'NunBun' of Nashville, Tenn.

A good cup of coffee is hard to find, and so is a breakfast roll with an uncanny likeness to Mother Teresa. On the morning of Oct. 15, 1996, the store manager at the Bongo Java coffee shop looked at a pastry and found the saintly nun staring him in the face

The legend of the "NunBun" was born. The confection was shellacked for all eternity as the media converged for a breakfast treat that was soon to be known as "The Immaculate Confection," "The Divine Dough" and "The Cin-a-Nun."

4. The Holy Eggplant
    In March last year, a woman in Mendhasalis, India, sliced into an eggplant and found seeds spelling out "Allah" in Urdu script. Now, the vegetable is part of a shrine near her home, where some treat it as a religious icon.

Amazingly, this is not the first time an eggplant has been exalted. In 1990, Muslims in nothern England also reported finding "Allah" spelled out in the seeds of an eggplant, only this time it was written in Arabic.

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4718254690005800677&ei=BdVES_eAKJ_8qAOYqcWzDQ&q=de peche+mode+jesus&hl=en&view=3&client=firefox-a#[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Excerpts from [url]http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/WolfFiles/story?id=307227&page=1[/url]

Hungry for Miracles? Try Jesus on a Fish Stick
    $28,000 Grilled Cheese Madonna Opens Door for Food of the Gods

1. The Miracle Tortilla of New Mexico
    On Oct. 5, 1977, Maria Rubio of Lake Arthur, N.M., was filling a tortilla with eggs, chiles and beans when she looked in her skillet and saw something that would change her life.

''It looks like our Lord Jesus Christ,'' she reportedly told her daughters.

Shaken, the family drove to a church in the nearby town of Dexter, where a priest tried to convince her that it was all a coincidence. Rubio nevertheless persuaded the priest, however reluctantly, to bless what was her day-old breakfast.

we eat so many tortillas in new mexico that we could see virtually anything or anyone in them.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Who ate Jesus?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

This sort of thing happens all the time. I once saw two (large) carrot cakes with cherries on top, that looked remarkably like the late Ann Nicole Smith, so there you go.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uh, a cross symbol is a common form in biology and MUCH older than Jesus. LOL.

Look at these eucalypt pods, for example:

[url]http://www.aworldofplenty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AWP&Category_C ode=EucPods[/url]

What's neat is they come in 3 & 5 formations (stars) as well. I want to know if there is/was a bird with a beak shaped like a Phillips screwdrivers. I bet you there is/was. You read it here first, kids.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd like to find a swastika in my potatoes.

I found a swastika tile pattern on my desktop. It's trippy.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'd like to find a swastika in my potatoes.
    I'd like to see pi out to about 10 digits in mine. THEN I'd be converted.

Okay, probably not even then.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'd like to see pi out to about 10 digits in mine. THEN I'd be converted.

Okay, probably not even then.
    nothing could open your mind
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh look, its Registered Loser posting. Looking to get kicked off the forum for a while again?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ecojeanne, I'm Perryville, nice to meet you!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hello eco - were you banned? when?

And if you all are gonna post on this thread, I think you should at least bless Jesus.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why did he sneeze?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast