+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Style, what is your style?

Style, what is your style?

I just wanted to know about what style you guys and girls have and to tell you what style I have right now, products that I am using so on and so forth.

Cloths:
    Right now I try to wear jeans that are just one size too big so they hang down on my hips, I don’t pull them down on my hips just wear one size too big and just let them fall there. I don’t wear straight cut jeans if I can help it, they just fall and flow differently when you wear a size too big.
    I try to make my jeans look different, trying many things right now for that. Using rust colors dyes seems to work well, they make the jeans darker than the dirt look jeans that you can buy and they stand out a little more. I try to buy jeans that have some kind of something else on them like carpenter jeans or things like that, not too much but just one or two things that are extra. I don’t cut holes in them, that’s a teenage thing. But I do usually dye my jeans. Just to make them darker than what I can usually buy, as you wash them a few times parts get lighter and some parts stay darker so the effect is kind of cool.

As for shirts I like to wear a close fitting designer tee-shirt that (usually monotone like green or tan or something, just not usually white) and over this I add a short sleeve designer shirt. Sometimes if I go to the club I will tear off the lower one inches of my tee shirt ahead of time so that there is like a half inch gap between my tee and the jeans that are hanging lose on my hips. But you can’t tell until I take off my short sleeve outer shirt. Gives a rough edge and you can tell that it is planned but because it is only a half inch showing it is cool, never been told it looks bad. (What do you think?)

I use copper tone gradual tanning lotion sometimes to my upper body. Takes about 3 days (three allocations) to get the color I want but it contrasts well with the darker dyed jeans. I wear a regular cross around my neck but tied with a black cord so it seems to go with everything.

As for hair, I’m trying to grow it out again so just kind of keep it messy regular. I like to wear a days stubble on my face but trim it up some around the neck and just under my eyes and somewhat on my cheeks.

I used clarol mens hair and beard dye (light brown) on my hair and eyebrows so that it evens out the color and makes my eyebrows somewhat darker looking against the tan skin, presents a nice contrast I think, but I have to shave just a tad or smaller eyebrow hairs around the edges because the hair dye makes every small hair dark so it looks a little weird until you trim it up a bit.

What is your style?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would've guessed you were gay, except gay men tend to have a bit more style than ripped up clothes can offer. Isn't all that kind of high-maintenance for a male? Also, how old are you? You wear jeans to go clubbing?

When I say clubbing I mean pretty much everything but work and restaurants and such. I am 32, I don't regularly go to the clubs, but I do go to them about 2-4 times a month. I date people from all over, sometimes meet in clubs, sometimes in restaurants, work, the internet. I just don’t go hitting on the 19 year olds when I go to the club. But I still date women in the 23-30 range. Fortunately I do not look 32. A women just told me last week that I look 25.

I also use hydrogen peroxide as mouthwash, I learned that from a dancer chick a few years ago. It is the same ingredient in crest white strips. It is all just peroxide, but you have to scrub your tongue when you brush your teeth as well.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I look pretty much the same as I did since 8th grade.

T-shirts that fit, whether plain tagless whites or some random printed T.

Military BDU pants, all colors including black, navy, tan, and green, everything but camo. I hate camo. Usually rolled up or bloused above my...

Boots, love my boots. They must be at the minimum 8 inches, but even those seem too low for me, so I usually go for 10 inch. I have a pair of boots for almost any occasion.

And if it's hot or I'm playin' frisbee, I'll go with plaid shorts and a pair of sneakers.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My style? I don't know. I just try to look classy. I'm feminine, and hate dressing tomboyish or frumpy. I like my clothes to be fitted (note: not slutty skin-tight) and form flattering.

I do not wear sweatshirts/sweatpants at all, and I'd rather be dead than be caught wearing them in public. I don't even own too many t-shirts, unless they're nicely fitted and in high quality material. I prefer heels over flats. I prefer earth tones or muted colors....or jewel tones. I hate frilly stuff. And floral prints.....ew!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    My style? I don't know. I just try to look classy. I'm feminine, and hate dressing tomboyish or frumpy. I like my clothes to be fitted (note: not slutty skin-tight) and form flattering.

I do not wear sweatshirts/sweatpants at all, and I'd rather be dead than be caught wearing them in public. I don't even own too many t-shirts, unless they're nicely fitted and in high quality material. I prefer heels over flats. I prefer earth tones or muted colors....or jewel tones. I hate frilly stuff. And floral prints.....ew!
    Wow.

You're such a girl.

My Vent

Not too long ago, I had a heated debate with a friend over the type of clothes I wear. He says that I pay too much for clothes. He tells me to go to Wall Mart, and I can get the same thing for half the price. He says shoes above 50 dollars are too much. He HATES name brand clothes because they are generally more expensive.

I am the opposite. Ok, I let me get this straight --> I am not a fashion type guy. I get what I like. If pink is in, I DO NOT CARE. I will not wear it, because I do not like it - simple. Having said that - I LOOK FOR COMFORT. THAT, is VERY important!

As far as Shoes go - It's something you use to walk in EVERYDAY! Imagine - EVERY SINGLE DAY! So, I will look for the MOST comfortable shoes. I don't mind spending over 50 dollars for something SO essential.

I'd spend more on clothes - IF the material/comfort is worth the money. And THAT is THAT.

As far as JEANS. HOLY COW! I picked these up the other day. WHEN YOU WEAR THEM - you'll feel NAKED from the waist down. They are SO dam comfortable, that you forget you are wearing them! It is UNBELIEVABLE. If comfort is your thing, then at least try them on for the experience.

[url]http://robertburtondesign.com/mavi.html#[/url]

I own a pair of 'Matt'. And they are by FAR the single BEST peice of clothing I have. It is AMAZING. They ACUTALLY are called 'stretch jeans'. They are light, and actually STRETCH! When you wear a pair - the stretch will conform around your legs, and feel soft and smooth against your skin. Un-Mc-F'n-Believable!

You know, I get a lot of heat from friends, that say, YOU SPEND TOO MUCH ON CLOTHES!!! But I don't care what they say, because my comfort is the MOST important thing. If you are going to spend 1000's of dollars on a plasma tv, and not get comfortable clothes, then that's your problem!

uuuhhhhhhhh, ok, that's my vent on clothes.......lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are right about the shoes, RSK. Good shoes are an absolute must, and not just for vanity. The thing that makes good shoes good is that they fit your foot better. Besides, good shoes last a lot longer than cheap ones.

ok lets see ...

shirts . 2 colors . black n white ... all my type of shirts are like that , t-shirts , shirts to go out ... i rarely wear bright colors ... i have like 8 shirts with colors and only 2 of them are bright colored .

shoes , i wear leather shoes most of the time , even tho the ones i got recently i dont really like the look , but i keept them because they are comfortable and i will wear them everyday for work ... 40 hours per week ... and they go with my style but im still not used to the look .

for brands ... i dont mind , i just dont want to look like a walking billboard

also .i get most of my cloths before they are even on display on the stores ...

my aunt works for this place where all the cloths and early versions of cloths from all brands are sent there to see if ppl would buy (testers) it and how they are . so she gets them for a cheap price , and they are big comp names , but because they usually are a pre-product version, they dont always have a tag with ... lets say ... PUMA on the shirt .so i usually have cloths before they become a fad ... i get things that are to be released in a year or usually next season .

i love leather jackets ... i recently got one .

i dont dress all " LA hip-hop gangsta latino " style
    i wear jeans almost all the time ... and classy pants sometimes , usually blue jeans and casual pants . no sweatpants ( except for working out and gym)

i dont wear jeans that are pre-tord or pre-weared out ... i hate that . i wear those jeans that cost 29 $ ... and thats canadian ... so its like 18 $ ... but they look good ( no im not cheap i just find it useless to buy 100 $ pants ... sorry im not a metrosexual or a fag )

also ... i HATE to shop ... you could pay me to shop for cloths and i woulnt do it ... i cannot shop for shit BUT for electronics . i have been wearing the same running shoes for 2 years ... but i have leather casual shoes . i have the same jeans from 2 years i still get compliments on them .

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Wow.

You're such a girl.
    Nothin' wrong with being a girl!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp

i dont wear jeans that are pre-tord or pre-weared out ... i hate that . i wear those jeans that cost 29 $ ... and thats canadian ... so its like 18 $ ... but they look good ( no im not cheap i just find it useless to buy 100 $ pants ... sorry im not a metrosexual or a fag )
    so, only metrosexuals and fags buy 100 dollar jeans?

i'm neither metrosexual, or gay (not that there is anything wrong with it)

i also don't buy 100 dollard jeans. i think the Mavi's i got were 70 or something. i know it's still expensive - BUT IF COMFORT is your thing - then you have to try them...

here is my problem: sure, the Mavi's i got do look faded a bit. and they made them look flashy. but i HONESTLY don't care about that. They are just so dam comfortable!!!

I'm not gonna avoid a GREAT pair of jeans, because they look pre-worn. that's the whole argument i have with friends - I DON'T CARE HOW THEY LOOK - as long as they fit well. and those jeans are UNBELIEVABLE.

I used to HATE people buying 100+ dollar jeans. I thought it was pointless. I could spend half the money, and buy TWO! But then I DID buy a pair - and trust me, it's worth every penny. Just try a pair of those i described, and I GARAUNTEE you will want them!

I wouldn't be hyping this up for no reason. I'm a beliver in good mavi jeans.

You know vamp I would guess that you are not a person of style anyway. You would not think that things with the word “puma” on the front is the reason that you buy something. Style is not about name brand or a particular type of pants or color of clothing. Style is about having a total look. It is about the complete package, not name brand shoes with name brand jeans. Style is about the fundamentals of design.

Color, Shape, Line, Texture, Contrast. Style is not about you looking at a pair or pants or a shirt on the rack and saying that sucks or that it is great, it is about how you take whatever and turn it into a complete package.

That’s why you can take nothing but crap from a thrift store that’s 20 years old and turn it into an outfit that other people will compliment you on. It is also how you wear things. But if you don’t understand this than I can see how you will say "I would never buy that or this". Besides, I have a 2 piece suit that I spent 15 dollars on that people say is awesome the way that I wear it. I have also spent 70 dollars on jeans that people compliment me on. I have also used dye on jeans from 10 years ago that look good a certain way. That’s why the question I asked was about style not brand or cost.

i don't think about style, i just wear things that fit me great.
    Don't expect anything.

i buy whatever fits me off the sales rack at places like american eagle. works for me...i've never had problems getting a girl...

American Psycho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast