+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I just get burned?

Did I just get burned?

Well i've been with a girl for the last year and a half. We get along great and are really close. She decided to move back home (hour and a half away) to be "closer to her friends and family" even though shes lived in this area for 3 years. Origianlly I told her I didn't want a long distance relationship and would probably break up if she moved, and she seemed really apathetic about the thought of losing me. She did say she wanted to make it work, but still.

Well, after talking, we decided to stay together because she said she'd be back in 6 months so hopefully we could get a place together. Anyways, she left on saturday, she doesn't have a phone yet but said she'd call me asap when she had access to a phone or saw a friend and would use theirs. It's been 48 hours, and I still haven't heard from her, and I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have access to a phone in two days. I'm starting to think I just got burned and she is blowing me off. This is probably a dumb topic, but i'm sitting here nervous and stressed and need to vent. The fact that she moved away, leaving me hanging high and dry and not really caring how it made me feel was enough of a red flag, but now this.. I dunno what to think.. Maybe i'm just over reacting?

If she just moved..she's probably just really busy getting settled and things. I'd give it another day or two..and then if she doesn't call..i'd start to feel a little iffy. But at the same time..you did say to begin with that you didn't want to have a long distance relationship

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow.. this thread is all about you huh?? what about her feelings?? she's been away from her family for the past 3 years and she's given you half of that time. what is waiting another day or so?

on the other hand, if she did burn you then f*ck it. we love to play with fire only to get burnt in the end right??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

First off how many miles are we talking here? Because I live like roughly 40 miles from Los Angeles, and it can take me a good hour and a half to get there.

Secondly its been 48 freaking hours. Give a girl a chance to settle in shit. Plus she may not had the chance to get her phone working yet. Now if it had been a week with no call then its a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi308 View Post
    Origianlly I told her I didn't want a long distance relationship and would probably break up if she moved, and she seemed really apathetic about the thought of losing me.
    This is the part that looked like trouble to me. Apathetic about losing you? I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough.

She'll call you soon, and when she does, you need to figure out whether or not you're wasting time with her. If she's not into you, she's not into you and you need to move on.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    dammit, i didn't have a beer for the past 24 hours and i'm still fine.. thank god that i didn't have a mental break down because i found myself some alternate for of intoxication.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...