+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How much time is to much time?

How much time is to much time?

When dating someone, especially at the begining, how much time together is to much time together?

I've read sites that talk about limiting your time with a girl on purpose even if you dont wanna, but otherwise the relationship will be doomed.

What do you guys think?

I don't think there is any thing wrong with spending lot's of time togerther. It feels good to spend time with a girlfriend/boyfriend. I think it really comes down to finding somthing constructive to do with that time, not just sitting around and waisting time being board.

I do believe that too much time is hazardous. You run out of funny anecdotes to humor her with. You run out of movies to watch, and places to go. It's GREAT to be with the person, but you don't wanna expend all the effort in the beginning and then the well goes dry.

Alexi

I've been with my b/f for about a month now and we have seen eachother everyday with the exception of one day. Nothing has gone wrong so far, everything is perfect! I wondered if it was too much time at the beginning as well, but now I'm glad we are spending so much time together. I consider it to be a good sign!

What about the revearse - not enough time?

My girlfriend won't give me any time. I see her if i am lucky once in a week or fortnight!!!!

makes me wonder what goes on in her head...

But she won't let me go!!!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whenever your time is up, you'll know it's been too long. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Time spent together varies according to one's personality. I like to be with the person I love whenever I can but I would not also want to take all of his time depriving him of his personal activities etc. In other words, spending time with each other shouldn't be an obligation but something that you do because of love. Nothing less.
    On the contrary, the last person I fell in love with didn't feel the same way. And he wasn't honest enough to tell me that he was having too much time together. I only found out when it was over and it wasn't fair....

One thing's inevitable though - like food, clothing, hobby etc., no matter how good it feels, no matter how much you like it, if it is done over and over for too long in the same way, someday, it looses value and meaning...
    Jay-tea :0)

Nice avatar there jaytea

gee. thanks

Great question

I would say that the time spent with each other depends on how you feel, at times you might want to see the other more and at time less...
    You are the only one that can judge this.

I don't think everyone should follow thpose silly rules blindly. Rules are to be violated, right? Right, says Killerbabe. When my boyfriend and I started dating we spent every single day together for three months (until he went away, which is another story), and it was absolutely amazing.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Whatever works for one may not work for another for no two people are ever the same in all ways.
    If there's agreement, happiness, contentment and satisfaction, then go for it.

good point by velcrez, you need to have something to do to spend your time usefully; but then, again, i am dating a girl and we spend tons of time together and both are like "damn, i can't believe we spend so much time together and yet start missing each other the minute i step out the door!!!" it's because we're in love with each other. and sometimes we can just sit around, stare in each other's eyes and recall good stories from our past or fantasize about our future together.
    try this: friday night i came to her house straight from work, stayed over, we were up until the wee hours, then saturday we went to my place, hung out, she stayed over, the sunday was again her and me and nobody else even in the most public places we went to.. i left late sunday night and yesterday i went to see her again right after work. AND GUESS WHAT: "stay tuned, i'ma do it again" tonight. i'm crazy about her. try measuring THAT by your rulebook!