+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what talents do girls like in a guy?

what talents do girls like in a guy?

people tend to like others becuz of looks, personality and...talent?
    do girls find guys with certian talents attractive ? (not just talent in having sex...)
    I can cook, play a violin and guitar and swim. some people say girls like guys who play a guitar or cook. girls please help me out.
    "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people"

-Anonymous

just be yourself. there's no other way....and one day a girl is going to love you for who you are...no matter what you do or don't look like.

Well, as far as movies go (and they're usually based on SOMETHING), playing an instrument definitely helps. Especially one as popular as the guitar and piano. Me? I play the clarinet. I have to be careful that they DON'T find out until we've been together for quite some time! lol.

Cooking depends on the girl, physical talents like flipping your eyelids inside it usually don't do that well to impress. If you're bilingual that just gives you twice as many girls to choose from . Athletes could be a plus or minus. I always thought it'd eb a plus but I've met girls who WON'T date athletes because they think they're more likely to cheat on them and stuff. Overall I'd say it's a plus.

It depends on the talent. But I mean, I wouldn't want to rely on "talents" to get a girl. I'd rather have the girl like me as a person and then later think my talents are an added bonus. Or a minus (as my girlfriend is starting to think since I recently informed her that we BOTH are going to be going to ClarinetFest 2004 in Washington DC for the full five days/nights. And that whether she wants to go or not, she will cause I'm her boyfriend and she will support me). She agreed to go, but in this case my talent isn't quite what she was looking forward to in July! lol. But she supports it and to me that means even more in a person. Supporting something the significant other does, even if you particularly don't care for it.

just be yourself.

Ok, women like good looks and it's tempting to want to change to the latest fashions (clothes, facial hair, etc). But take it from me, someone who has integrity and confidence is more attractive than a vain mirror watcher who reads magazines on HOW TO BE to attract women.

well, considering tha I AM a Chef... If a guy will cook for me and feel comfortable about doing it, He would win my heart.

I like men with brains, wit, charm, and compassion are the best talents that money can't buy. I would have to say that if a guy has no grey matter between those ears... it wouldn't matter to me how many instruments he played or how many plates he could balance on a stick, ya know? Good looks don't last forever. There needs to be more.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Atleast I am intelligent.

No arrogance there.

LINEBACKER 2

your everything else too..but .. I don't think you need the reassurance.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Jane. I love you.

LINEBACKER 2

Originally posted by LINEBACKER _2
    Jane. I love you.

LINEBACKER 2
    Ditto baby...
    Jane
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Depends on how good you are at the guitar and how good you are at cooking. But having those skills certainly help. But those are accessory traits. You can't really come up to a girl and say, i play the guitar and cook, wanna go out?

So looks and personality win the introduction part, hands down. What works afterward is anybody's guess.

Blanche

Don't try to "create" talents for girls, do it for yourself. Musical instruments like guitar and violin *ahem*, are good things to learn, but remember what a girl WANTS is not "talents." What they want is qualities such as ambition, self-respect, humor, and most importantly, CONFIDENCE. that's it. if there is a girl you like, walk up to her smile hold eye contact and say "hi, i'm ___...." not that hard.

Originally posted by whoa
    Don't try to "create" talents for girls, do it for yourself. Musical instruments like guitar and violin *ahem*, are good things to learn, but remember what a girl WANTS is not "talents." What they want is qualities such as ambition, self-respect, humor, and most importantly, CONFIDENCE. that's it. if there is a girl you like, walk up to her smile hold eye contact and say "hi, i'm ___...." not that hard.
    Exactly my Don Juan brother. You have the wrong outlook on dating... rather than thinking, What traits do I like in women? You think, What use can I learn to make myself more attractive to them? Buddy, you know what traits women really like? Confidence. You need to be able to talk to that girl even if you have no "cooking," "guitar." or "piano" use. Women wan't respect, self-confidence, a backbone. Don't sit there and stress about what you could do to make sure some supermodel will mistakenly notice you and then fall madly in love with you because you can balance yourself on one hand while blindfolded. People don't notice your talents until a while after they've met you, so, instead, you need to be able to approach girls and be confident. I hope that the next thread you write is "What Traits Do You Guys Look For In Women."
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Originally posted by MVPlaya
    Buddy, you know what traits women really like? Confidence. You need to be able to talk to that girl even if you have no "cooking," "guitar." or "piano" use. Women wan't respect, self-confidence, a backbone. Don't sit there and stress about what you could do to make sure some supermodel will mistakenly notice you and then fall madly in love with you because you can balance yourself on one hand while blindfolded.
    Bingo! Thats exactly it. It has to do with confidence and what comes with that.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Make her laugh, take control, don't be a wuss, let her know what YOU think of situations, don't revolve everything that you say or do around what you think she'll think (Who cares? If she gets pushed away, say NEXT and move on to the next girl.), tease her, joke with her, don't be afraid to turn her down a couple times, and be cocky. Being good-looking's a plus, but is only a small part in getting the girl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast