+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend thinks I'm keeping things from her

Girlfriend thinks I'm keeping things from her

Hello,

My girlfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for about three weeks now. We text every night about what we did that day and stuff like that. But she never has the time to Skype or call me, which i'm trying to get her to do, but she just won't do it. But, we both love and trust each other very much, at least I do.

Night before last, I went to the movies and pizza with some friends (guys and girls, some of which were her friends too) and afterwards texted her. We talked about what we were doing at the moment and then she said she was tired and wanted to sleep. I was going to tell her about my day and ask her about hers, but just didn't have the time. Last night she texted me pissed because I didn't tell her about the movies. She said it bothered her that I didn't tell her and that she thinks that since i'm keeping things from her, that she is going to do the same.

Its not that I didn't want to tell her, its just that i didn't have enough time before she went to bed. No matter what I tell her, she insists that I'm hiding something and that I had plenty of time to tell her. Its starting to make me wonder if she is hiding anything and I asked her that. She never gave me an answer. She is the jealous type which I like because it makes me feel like she doesn't want to lose me. I don't want either of us to keep things from each other and I just don't know what the hell to do now.

Opinions?

Thanks.

Meanings of thoughts and words get lost in texts

DONT TEXT !!! Don't you want to hear your GFs voice? Texting is supposed to be for simple communications, not conversations

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Meanings of thoughts and words get lost in texts

DONT TEXT !!! Don't you want to hear your GFs voice? Texting is supposed to be for simple communications, not conversations
    Oh believe me, I know. Whenever I try to call her it goes to voicemail because she is busy. A few days after she moved she called me and we talked for about 5 min before she had to go. That was 3 weeks ago. She keeps on saying she will call me but always ends up texting me instead. It's killing me because I haven't heard or seen her in a long time. I'm starting to forget what she looks like.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    To make a long distance relationship work one has to overcome jealousy issues. It's very easy to be insecure in an ldr. Very easy to think things are happening. You lack a lot of control due to the inability to see each other.
    And if one doesn't work on trust issues then one is simply sabotaging themselves.

Trust is vital in any relationship but even more so in an ldr.

So, she'll either need to change and work on her jealousy issues, or your relationship is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    To make a long distance relationship work one has to overcome jealousy issues. It's very easy to be insecure in an ldr. Very easy to think things are happening. You lack a lot of control due to the inability to see each other.
    And if one doesn't work on trust issues then one is simply sabotaging themselves.

Trust is vital in any relationship but even more so in an ldr.

So, she'll either need to change and work on her jealousy issues, or your relationship is doomed.
    How do I get her to work on that then? I always tell her I love her and reassure her she can trust me when she gets jealous. She always says "okay" or "thank you" but this time she's flipping out. I don't know who told her about the movies before me, and what they said to make her get this jealous, but this isn't like her.
    Last edited by Alex1234; 31-08-11 at 09:29 AM.

Alex1234, your relationship is very unhealthy. I don't mean to scare you but be prepared and hope for the best. The relationship seems to be only on her terms and she seems somewhat selfish. She is accusing you .. maybe you should be questioning her. Thank goodness you are young ... you have the opportunity to find someone much more giving and local. As for resolving the issue at hand ... it can't be done. There is no advice that could make her trust you more. You did nothing to deserve this type of treatment. Sorry for seeming to be brutally honest, it's just my honest opinion.
    Life is too short. Have a lot of fun and don't be afraid to fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by moosegal View Post
    Alex1234, your relationship is very unhealthy. I don't mean to scare you but be prepared and hope for the best. The relationship seems to be only on her terms and she seems somewhat selfish. She is accusing you .. maybe you should be questioning her. Thank goodness you are young ... you have the opportunity to find someone much more giving and local. As for resolving the issue at hand ... it can't be done. There is no advice that could make her trust you more. You did nothing to deserve this type of treatment. Sorry for seeming to be brutally honest, it's just my honest opinion.
    I know it is. I have questioned her and she will either say "no" or won't answer at all and change the subject. She finally texted me last night and apologized for not answering my last message. We somewhat made up and I told her that we aren't keeping things from each other. She said "okay" and that she loves and trusts me. But, still no phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    I know it is. I have questioned her and she will either say "no" or won't answer at all and change the subject. She finally texted me last night and apologized for not answering my last message. We somewhat made up and I told her that we aren't keeping things from each other. She said "okay" and that she loves and trusts me. But, still no phone calls.
    Whatever Man! If youre happy go ahead but this relationship is just plain stupid IMO. Find a girl who wants to talk to you and be with you....give you back rubs or hold your hand in a movie. Youre living some fantasy thats not real
    Last edited by surfhb; 01-09-11 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    It's nice to be oblivious but it doesn't mean that all is well. She apologized for not answering your last text message ... gee I wonder what kept her from answering.

I think you are an okay guy .. I wouldn't want to see you hurt ... just be prepared, just in case. I do wish you the best of luck.
    Life is too short. Have a lot of fun and don't be afraid to fall in love.

Ya only thing I can do is wait and see what happens.