+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When is it ok to split the bill?

When is it ok to split the bill?

So I'm a guy. When is it ok to split a dinner bill? Or an outing? Sure you don't say you want to split the bill but what if the girl suggests and insists on it? And also, is it something you do after a few dates? When is it ok to do that? Split the bill? Or am I cheap to even ask this?

Idk about other girls, but I offer to split the bill every time.. and I have no problem paying my half. I don't think it makes a guy "cheap" to want to split things.

When should it happen? That's hard to say. I'd say if she's offering/insisting-- let her.

There's been a few times with my boyfriend where he's taken me out and told me to "let him be the guy," and pay for the whole thing, which is ok by me.. but I don't really expect anyone to foot the bill for me just because I'm a girl hah.

i really could careless, if I am out on a date I will ask to pay- if she insist on paying on her behalf then that is fine if not I will usually take care of it. I'm not to pressed on money.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i just pay for her because what is one dinner?? it might lead up to something bigger.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I don't think there is anything wrong with splitting the bill. If she offers and then gets mad if you take her up on it, she's not worth it anyway. My boyfriend and I split the bill all the time. Or i'll even pay for the whole thing sometimes.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedsAdvice View Post
    So I'm a guy. When is it ok to split a dinner bill? Or an outing? Sure you don't say you want to split the bill but what if the girl suggests and insists on it? And also, is it something you do after a few dates? When is it ok to do that? Split the bill? Or am I cheap to even ask this?
    I'm pretty traditional, and I think whomever does the inviting should pay, and I have always expected that males pay for a date they invite me on. However, to keep him from feeling resentful, I have always reciprocated in some way if I intended to continue dating him. If you find a girl never reciprocates your kindness, I would take that into consideration if I was planning on establishing a relationship.

If you want to play it safe with a girl you have just begin dating (and wish to continue dating), when she offers to pay, tell her she can treat next time (and let her). Some girls have self-esteem issues and feel indebted if someone wants to treat them to something, so if a girl insists on paying, then let her.

bf brown bags a healthy lunch to work everyday and writes off our meal, he gets a $50 meal allowance each week.

bf won't let me pay for dates, i always pay for his parking when we go out and i'm always wearing new cute undies

no one complains

Thanks. But what about if it's like the 3rd date? And so on?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you find satisfaction in paying for her? Some men like to do this as it makes them feel manly. If that is the case for you, then just tell her you genuinely enjoy treating her. If you'd like her to contribute, when she offers - just say thanks.