+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need quick advice

Need quick advice

My girlfriend has been in india for the past two weeks and has been sick for the last one week. She gets back tomorrow and is still a little sick. Im picking her up from the airport and I want to do something for her right away. Its a stomache ilness by the way.

I was thinking I could make some tea and bring it with me, she likes tea and probably wont have had good tea since she left India. I normally wouldn't do more than one thing, but I really want to show I care. Flowers are out because I gave them to her too recently and I want to do something else.

While she was in India I was in France (These trips were planned before we met, rest assured we will vacation together from now on) I got her a pair of earings. Im going to give her them tomorrow but they do not count into the whole make her feel better business.

So besides so nice fresh tea, do you guys and gals have any ideas for me?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

stomach illness? does she feel like vomiting? or is it stomach cramping? what type of stomach discomfort is she experiencing?

A german mint chocolate cake from walmart, wait cakes are bad but seriously

maybe setup a candlelight dinner at your home? idk she might be tired after just getting back from india, so then you could give her breakfast in bed
    Last edited by Matt15Vick; 11-01-06 at 10:42 AM.

Yeah its a 20 hour trip. Im just looking for something I can bring with the tea. I havent been sick beyond the sniffles in a few years so I am out of the loop on this.

german mint chocolate cake? candle lit dinner? didn't the guy say she has a stomach illness? geez...why don't you just punch in the stomach already!

the tea's enough...that plus the jewelry you got her...and you showing up at the airport to pick her up. you're good to go. if she's not completey exhuasted and sick, just spend some time with her helping her relax.

Quote Originally Posted by funsounds
    german mint chocolate cake? candle lit dinner? didn't the guy say she has a stomach illness? geez...why don't you just punch in the stomach already!

the tea's enough...that plus the jewelry you got her...and you showing up at the airport to pick her up. you're good to go. if she's not completey exhuasted and sick, just spend some time with her helping her relax.

I figured out the last part. Ill bring a blanket in the car. She gets cold easily, and I wont be able to keep her warm and drive at the same time, so thats the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    I figured out the last part. Ill bring a blanket in the car. She gets cold easily, and I wont be able to keep her warm and drive at the same time, so thats the next best thing.
    I was about to suggest that. Bring a blanky for sure lol.

I think a nice hand-written card saying you missed her would be rather sweet

Quote Originally Posted by xxwildchildxx
    I think a nice hand-written card saying you missed her would be rather sweet
    She knows I missed her alot haha. Im going to make a sign that says her name on it and some bogus limo service. If I can find a clean suit ill wear it and pretend im a limo driver for her.

Black Teas are acidic, so you might want to rethink the tea. Pepto Bismol might be better, depending on what her trouble is. This link will tell you which foods are alkaline and which are acidic.

[url]http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Black Teas are acidic, so you might want to rethink the tea. Pepto Bismol might be better, depending on what her trouble is. This link will tell you which foods are alkaline and which are acidic.

[url]http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm[/url]
    chamomille (or however you spell it) and peppermint teas are supposedly good for upset stomach. so is pepto bismol as noted above...and also kaopectate (or however you spell it). ginger ale is also supposedly good to settle stomachs.

Tone Guest
    What you done already is far enough. She just got back from vacation, from a LONG flight, and she's been sick. She's not going to want any lovey dovey presents first thing when she gets home.

Just seeing you (with the gifts you already have) should be enough and maybe taking her home and relaxing for the whole day, pamper her and take care of her while she's sick. Do my favorite - run her a hot bubble bath. Don't get in with her, just wash her and massage her, and most importantly - resist the urge to be naughty (this was the part I have the most trouble with.....)

Nexium, the little purple pill.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Oh, and depending on how much you love your car, maybe a bucket.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    What you done already is far enough. She just got back from vacation, from a LONG flight, and she's been sick. She's not going to want any lovey dovey presents first thing when she gets home.

Just seeing you (with the gifts you already have) should be enough and maybe taking her home and relaxing for the whole day, pamper her and take care of her while she's sick. Do my favorite - run her a hot bubble bath. Don't get in with her, just wash her and massage her, and most importantly - resist the urge to be naughty (this was the part I have the most trouble with.....)

Haha, yeah I was just telling myself, "No being naughty"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast