+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Holiday trouble

Holiday trouble

Ok heres the story... Im coming home on leave for thanksgiving, so i can spend time with my gf, and my family. And now heres the problem, we have been planning that she will be coming with me to willmar, a town 2.5 hrs from where we live so we can spend it with my mother, shes in a hospital there. and the plan was to spend the night, just me and my gf, and then the next day we'll go to spend time with my mother, and then leave town around noonish the next day. Now shes saying she jsut wants a NORMAL thanksgiving, and pretty much that she doesn't wanna go with anymore, and i've tried everythign to change around the schedule.. So we could get back at a decent time on friday. So pretty much now, shes just making me feel bad becuase she doesn't wanna go to that town, jsut because its a crap hole, which it is, and becuase she used to go to college there, for a little bit but then quit, which was cool. But now to hate a place just because of that? I dont understand, she was excited about going with at first now a total 180 and throws this in my face. I dont get it, what can i do???? Please please help.

Josh

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would just go by yourself because there will always be another thanksgiving with your gf, however how many more tdays are you gonna have with your mother? that's right, you dunno.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

the only reason i'm stressing this is cause its goign to be our FIRST real holiday together.... and our realationship its not like were just BF/GF, were so much more we love each other to death, and have talked about getting married, which we both want. on a side note i'm planning on proposing around xmas.

Josh

I'm going to assume that you're in the forces because you're coming home on leave.

If this is true then from my experience of going out with an army guy even when that person is home on leave other people need to be seen etc... as well as you - and if your mum is in hospital then that pretty much puts her top of the list. If you are going out with a person in the forces then you need to understand how that even when they're back on leave they need to see other people etc... It isn't a normal relationship by any stretch of the imagination.

I would go and see your mum, I assume that you will be able to see your GF at somepoint during thanksgiving. If you are considering marriage you also need to make sure she damn well knows what she's getting into cos it isn't easy.