+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thanksgiving Conflict

Thanksgiving Conflict

Hi everyone. I am trying to find the best way to advise my friend and his boyfriend (I am friends with both). Here's the dilemma:

One of my friends got invited to Thanksgiving by his ex's mother. It will just be them three. My other friend does not seem to be concerned about them cheating; he just finds it weird and he's hurt that his boyfriend would rather spend Thanksgiving, a major holiday, with an ex than him. The who got invited by his ex's mother also reminds his boyfriend that he has no family to celebrate with -- which is true -- but his boyfriend points out that he could spend it with his or they could go out. His boyfriend is adamant: he has every right to have Thanksgiving with his ex and he thinks his he is being controlling and overly jealous. Who is right in this situation? How would you feel?

gayest thread ever in my opinion.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    bottom line is that ex's are supposed to stay in the past.... f*ck the rest.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

^^ I totally disagree with that statement. Just because he's an ex, doesn't mean that you should cut all contact with them. Depending on how the relationship was and how it ended, I have no problem with one being friends with an ex. I'm friends with almost all of my exes.