+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Saying Hello first

Saying Hello first

Hi girls, I'd like to hear your opinion on something. When it comes to social interaction in the form of text messages / facebook / msn for those of you who still use that shit. If one person has to start every conversation, would you say that the other person is definitely not interested in you or just not interested in talking to you? Are there other reasons why they wouldn't start the conversations, but always be very chatty when you do take the initiative?

This might make me sound like a very pushy guy, but I'm not. It's just confusing sometimes when they seem interested in talking to you, but never start the conversation

I would say that the two people are still in the process of establishing a connection. She might not have a special interest in him yet, but she enjoys his company, so it's a good start
    Last edited by Valixy; 04-04-13 at 09:47 AM.

Why don't you have a conversation about how you each feel about texting, facebook etc. Then you'll know what's up. So many people don't go to the source (the person you're writing about) to find the answers - and that person is the only one who actually has the answers! Ann
    Ann

You could try honest communication...

"I feel like I'm the one that always initiates the conversation. Is there a reason for that?"

At this stage tho, I'm just trying to get her attention. I feel if I come out of the woodwork with honesty then the mystery would be gone quite quickly.

What mystery? Whether you two text or facebook or not? The only mystery here is why you haven't asked a question about this. Like, "I really like to communicate by texting, and I've enjoyed our texts. Do you like to communicate that way also? Do you prefer facebook?" This is not a difficult topic. Ann
    "
    Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    Hi girls, I'd like to hear your opinion on something. When it comes to social interaction in the form of text messages / facebook / msn for those of you who still use that shit. If one person has to start every conversation, would you say that the other person is definitely not interested in you or just not interested in talking to you? Are there other reasons why they wouldn't start the conversations, but always be very chatty when you do take the initiative?

This might make me sound like a very pushy guy, but I'm not. It's just confusing sometimes when they seem interested in talking to you, but never start the conversation
    Here is the truth:
    I never start the conversation first. As a guy, don't be put off with that. How you can say if she's interested in talking with you? Just by how the converstaion goes, how you feel.. is it interesting for YOU? or you just want to impress HER? Find what YOU like, how YOU like.

It's ok for me that guys are the ones who write first. Those who don't just fall back.
    But why I chose one over another?
    Because he was HONEST with me, how he feels about me, at the same time being light, funny, caring, not pushy or plain.

You should do the same. Tease her a bit, see the response, be playful. It's not about who writes first. If you feel it's going well, there is no reason for you to not write first. If you feel tired, drop it.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFox View Post
    Here is the truth:
    I never start the conversation first. As a guy, don't be put off with that. How you can say if she's interested in talking with you? Just by how the converstaion goes, how you feel.. is it interesting for YOU? or you just want to impress HER? Find what YOU like, how YOU like.

It's ok for me that guys are the ones who write first. Those who don't just fall back.
    But why I chose one over another?
    Because he was HONEST with me, how he feels about me, at the same time being light, funny, caring, not pushy or plain.

You should do the same. Tease her a bit, see the response, be playful. It's not about who writes first. If you feel it's going well, there is no reason for you to not write first. If you feel tired, drop it.

good luck
    Mind if I ask why you don't start conversations first? Is it a mind-game thing?