+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do Muslims Think About Jesus?

What Do Muslims Think About Jesus?

What Do Muslims Think About Jesus?

Muslims respect and revere Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of God's prophets and messengers to humankind. A Muslim never refers to him simply as "Jesus", but always adds the phrase "upon him be peace."

The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth, and a special surah of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary." The Qur'an describes the Annunciation as follows:

"'Behold (O Mary!)' The Angel said, 'God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Anointed (Masih or Messiah), Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and shall be of the righteous.'

"She said: 'O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: 'Even so; God creates what He wills. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, "Be!" and it is.'" (Qur'an 3:42-7)

Jesus was born miraculously through the same power that had brought Adam into being without a father: "Truly the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." (Qur'an 3:59)

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Qur'an tells us that he said:
    "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, a figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." (Qur'an 3:49)

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in One God, brought by earlier prophets, but to confirm and renew it. In the Qur'an, Jesus is reported as saying that he came: "To attest the law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." (Qur'an 3:50)

The Prophet Muhammad said:
    "Whoever believes that there is none worthy of worship but God, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is the servant and messenger of God, His word which He bestowed on Mary and a spirit proceeding from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven." (A Hadith from the collections of al Bukhari)

To view more from the exhibit visit: [url]http://www.discoverislam.com/[/url]

Jesus, on whom be peace in the Glorious Quran

The Qur'an tells us a lot of wonderful things about Jesus. As a result, believers in the Qur'an love Jesus, honour him, and believe in him. In fact, no Muslim can be a Muslim unless he or she believes in Jesus, on whom be peace.

The Qur'an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that he healed the blind and the leper by God's leave, and that he raised the dead by God's leave.

What then is the significance of these miracles? First, the virgin birth. God demonstrates his power to create in every way. God created everyone we know from a man and a woman. But how about Adam, on whom be peace? God created him from neither a man nor a woman. And Eve from only a man, but not a woman. And, finally, to complete the picture, God created Jesus from a woman, but not a man.

What about the other miracles? These were to show that Jesus was not acting on his own behalf, but that he was backed by God. The Qur'an specifies that these miracles were performed by God's leave. This may be compared to the Book of Acts in the Bible, chapter 2, verse 22, where it says that the miracles were done by God to show that he approved of Jesus. Also, note that Jesus himself is recorded in the Gospel of John to have said, "I can do nothing of my own authority" (5:30). The miracles, therefore, were done not by his own authority, but by God's authority.

What did Jesus teach? The Qur'an tells us that Jesus came to teach the same basic message which was taught by previous prophets from God—that we must shun every false god and worship only the one true God. Jesus taught that he is the servant and messenger of that one true God, the God of Abraham. These Quranic teachings can be compared with the Bible (Mark 10:18; Matthew 26:39; John 14:28, 17:3, and 20:17) where Jesus teaches that the one he worshipped is the only true God. See also Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:13, and 4:27 where wefind that his disciples knew him as Servant of God.

The Qur'an tells us that some of the Israelites rejected Jesus, and conspired to kill him, but Allah (God) rescued Jesus and raised him to Himself. Allah will cause Jesus to descend again, at which time Jesus will confirm his true teachings and everyone will believe in him as he is and as the Qur'an teaches about him.

Jesus is the Messiah. He is a word from Allah, and a spirit from Him. He is honoured in this world and in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to Allah.

Jesus was a man who spoke the truth which he heard from God. This can be compared with the Gospel According to John where Jesus says to the Israelites: "You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God" (John 8:40).

oh my ****ing god, mate, do you ever read our replies or do you just let it fly through your eyes? i know you love your religion very much and that we have nothing against you for showing it but honestly, this is way too much. i know you're not spamming, but believe me, you are and t'is pissing people off. if you don't want people to start hating you, let's stop with the threads.

YAY!!! ANOTHER ****ING MUSLIM POST! JOY! MY DAY IS COMPLETE NOW! *stabs eyes out with a dull blade* RAWWWRRR!!!!

you see what i mean? you're starting a hate club and i'm not even joking about that mate. just a warning you might wanna know.

Skye, Rose...they're trying to get attention. Just don't post. NO ONE POST!!!

you just posted.

It is in times like this that I wish I was a mod. I'd have them banned from the forums. This is LOVEforum. Not MUSLIMforum.

yesh, but he isn't exactly doing anything wrong like i stated before.

Annoying people constantly isn't wrong?

he isn't breaking any rules on loveforum, at least i don't think he is. he's just simply posting what he wants to posts. he isn't exactly spamming the whole of loveforum with websites or being rude to anyone so if this does annoy you, don't even click into this thread, ignore it.

Yeah. You're right. I am just a sucker for pain. I'm actually missing an eye from before. jk...lol

oh don't worry about it. eventually he'll get bored of posting or he'll probably run out of things to say but i'm sure there is many more to come. just ignore it and move onto the next one.

Dude what the heck was that all about o.O does this person do this that often? lol :/

you guys he's not gonna stop. we should just have fun while we're here...

...so tonight i'm gonna party like it's nineteen ninety nine... doo doo do, do doo doo...

Quote Originally Posted by KaWaiiSkYe
    you just posted.
    Oh Yeah!! duhh.....nice observation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast