+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We broke up...on valentines...*sigh* was i wrong??

We broke up...on valentines...*sigh* was i wrong??

Ok i really liked this girl, but over the past few weeks i've noticed that she was growing distant. she wouldn't call, she wouldn't want to come over my place and sleep.
    anyway, yesterday night, she was supposed to come over, we talked around 7pm, then 11:50pm she texts me shes still doing her hair!! i'm thinking why are you doing your hair before you're going to bed? I called her and she didn't pick up, so i sent her a txt saying that i didn't know what happened to her tonight, and that if she didn't want to come over that's fine but i don't appreciate being stood up.
    she calls back later and yells at me about how i always cause problems and that i shouldn't be worrying etc... (swearing at me...like she does usually) i tell her fine, it's a misunderstanding and lets forget it and move on (i was thinking maybe she was out with another guy.)

Anyway to the real point!! Today she came over, and i drove her to a really nice restaurant, rustic like place, very nice. I bought her 2 dozen long stem roses and a nice box of chocolates. (the last piece of jewelry i bought she said she was going to flush down the toilet the last time she got mad at me and had a hissy fit, so i decided not to buy jewelry) We had a great brunch, and then i drove her back to my house where she had left her car. On the ride back a few minutes from my house, she asked if i could put all of her documents back on her computer. (she had asked me to fix her computer for her, bc it had a thousand virus's and running so slow the mouse wouldn't move, so i wiped it and put windows 7 on it and made it look all pretty for her.)
    So i told her, "sure we can put your stuff back on it, but there a lot of old pictures of your ex boyfriend on it and i don't feel comfortable putting them on your computer."
    she says "they're my property and i want to keep them"
    I said "you want to keep ALL the old pictures of your ex?? i don't feel comfortable with that, put yourself in my place"
    she replies" it's four years of my life, and i don't give a shit how you feel about it, you don't need to concern yourself with things that have nothing to do with you!" (screaming at me)

then she starts insulting me about how i'm not worth S*** and i'm a F****g idiot, and how "you lay with dogs you wake up with fleas" and just insult after insult.
    all i ever replied back was "you're insensitive, uncaring, and you need to get over your ex." and i also told her "go home and think about how you treat people" and i would say "look at the way you're speaking to me"
    she yells back "i'm not going to ever think about you, you're not worth s***" and insults like that

basically after a while of arguing i told her to leave my house, which btw she was lividly pissed, yelling screaming, physically aggressive. to the point that i actually picked up the phone and dialed the police because she wouldn't leave my house after i had asked her many times. She actually grabbed my throat at one point where i pried myself off of her, and she screams at me don't you ever touch me. she got all up in my face pointing her finger, screaming etc...i was brought up to never hit a woman, i didn't but my patience was tested to the max today.

and that's how it ended.

anyways...it's over, 6 months loss of time. But i'm wondering, was it wrong of me to not want to put pictures of her ex on her computer? i feel that's demascuating to me and i can't believe that a GF would as her CURRENT BF to do that.

Wow to be honest - she sounds like a very selfish, rude, childish, inconsiderate and spoilt little madam! You definately did the right thing!!! Listen - if a girl is really worth it she won't expect chocolates, roses and jewellery - she will just be happy to be with you, no matter what you are doing. I drove 4 hours today to see a guy who I'm not technically in a relationship with but I love and adore him, he bought me a pizza for valentines day (LOL!) but I was so happy just to be with him and spend the day with him.

And no its not unreasonable to feel uncomfortable about looking at pics of her ex, I would never in a million years expect my current boy-friend/date/love-interest to look at pix of my exes, no way, that's just plain mean. Sounds like she's not over her ex. But mister, you shouldn't be even worrying about that! Just be glad you got out of this so-called relationship with a psycho bunny boiler!!!! You deserve a woman who loves and respects you!!! Her behaviour is NOT normal female behaviour. She sounds very imbalanced with some major issues. Please do not even waste time thinking about her, just be glad you still got your nuts intact and your penis is not in some pickle jar in her underwear closet.

Quote Originally Posted by tropigal82 View Post
    Wow to be honest - she sounds like a very selfish, rude, childish, inconsiderate and spoilt little madam! You definately did the right thing!!! Listen - if a girl is really worth it she won't expect chocolates, roses and jewellery - she will just be happy to be with you, no matter what you are doing. I drove 4 hours today to see a guy who I'm not technically in a relationship with but I love and adore him, he bought me a pizza for valentines day (LOL!) but I was so happy just to be with him and spend the day with him.

And no its not unreasonable to feel uncomfortable about looking at pics of her ex, I would never in a million years expect my current boy-friend/date/love-interest to look at pix of my exes, no way, that's just plain mean. Sounds like she's not over her ex. But mister, you shouldn't be even worrying about that! Just be glad you got out of this so-called relationship with a psycho bunny boiler!!!! You deserve a woman who loves and respects you!!! Her behaviour is NOT normal female behaviour. She sounds very imbalanced with some major issues. Please do not even waste time thinking about her, just be glad you still got your nuts intact and your penis is not in some pickle jar in her underwear closet.
    haha thanks so much, that really made me smile. wasn't sure if that was a crazy request, because i've never had a GF ask me to put pictures of her ex on her computer!!! i just want to learn from failures and be able to apply it to future experiences.
    i think the whole insulting/swearing at me thing is too much. I would never swear at someone who you care about let alone call me a F****ng F**got
    she would talk about her ex all the time/make references to him, and i would tell her i'm not comfortable talking about him...she'd flip out
    little things like when we would talk on the phone, for instance she was sick, i said "well i hope you feel better, sweet dreams, and good night" and she says "alright bye"... makes me not happy

the more i think about it, the more i realize how little she really cared about me, and how poorly she treated me. I'm glad it ended, although it's saddening that it ended so roughly, it's always nice to go out on a good note
    *thanks again*

I just read the first paragraph and I already think it was a good choice to break up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureDMD View Post
    (the last piece of jewelry i bought she said she was going to flush down the toilet the last time she got mad at me and had a hissy fit, so i decided not to buy jewelry)
    and that's how it ended.

anyways...it's over, 6 months loss of time. But i'm wondering, was it wrong of me to not want to put pictures of her ex on her computer? i feel that's emascuating to me and i can't believe that a GF would as her CURRENT BF to do that.
    Okay, she has a history of violent behavior and you put up with it for six months. Congrats on a bad choice... six months ago....

Seriously, nobody needs this shit. Nobody. Have some respect and don't let it happen again. Also, don't look at this time with her as a waste...you should learn from it and not make the same mistake twice.