+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused.

I'm confused.

I have had a crush on a girl since last one year or so. I really like her and told her a day before christmas.
    She replied: "Surprising enough. That requires courage to speak up, i completely understand. And c'mon, dnt say that! Special kind of guy, haha i never thought of one.. (: all i know is u're a wonderful friend"
    Has she rejected me?

misleading, it looks like the replies to several messages. Did you tell her or text her?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yes. I had sent her a text which read "S******. I like you. That's what i wanted to say. I have had a crush on you since a long time. I know i am not that special kind of guy you would want, but i really like you. I just did not have enough courage to say it out loud."

Well, you didn't ask her anything, so you haven't been rejected.

Couple of tips here, don't downplay yourself. "I know i am not that special kind of guy you would want..." shows lack of confidence and self respect. Don't say things kind of thing to women, they will eat this weakness alive.

You should call her and say "Hey, I don't know if my message they other night was clear, so I'm calling. Do you want to go on a date with me?". Take nothing other than a "yes" or a "no". If she asks "when" or "where", these are both GOOD signs, so be ready to answer them.

You are right actually. I have a problem of self esteem. I am not a good looking guy and not an extrovert either. I have never been in a relationship. That's a foreign feeling for me. So I was feeling a little timid at that moment.

At the moment you ask someone out, you are the best looking guy in the world (or at the very least need to be at that very moment).

A friend of mine once had a tip for a few of us as to how he dated so often in highschool. Every time he would enter a room, he would tell himself "I am the best looking person in this room". Even if it were true or not, he would talk to women with the confidence that he was. He dated more people in 5 years of school than most people will date in their lives. Here is the twist - he doesn't consider himself that good looking either.

I would keep that in mind. The story doesn't end here. She's like the most popular and beautiful girl in school with every second guy trying to ask her out. This has robbed me off my confidence. I would be really thankful if you give me a solution for this. I just can't see her with anyone else.