+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate the way my boyfriend dresses

I hate the way my boyfriend dresses

Not to be shallow here, but my boyfriend's sense of style has gotten lazy and unattractive. In the beginning of the school year (we weren't dating then, he was my crush) he wore really nice clothes. He wore Hollister and Ralph Lauren Polo all the time and he wore plaid and khaki shorts all the time. He occasionally wore gym shorts (which are still cute) but not all the time. Mostly only for gym class. When it got colder, he wore Hollister hoodies all the time and they looked really cute on him. So, he's on the tennis team at my school. He has started to wear the same outfit to school every single day. A plain t-shirt, a pair of track pants, and a tennis jacket. I personally don't like tennis jackets on guys. But he can pull it off though. But that is now his everyday outfit and I hate it. It seems like he's too lazy to change his clothes for tennis practice. Seriously, I'm always thinking, can't he just wear normal clothes during the schoolday and change into his tennis clothes after school? That's what all the other people on sports teams at my school do! But no, apparently he's too lazy. And on days when he has his tennis games, he wears his uniform to school. It is so UGLY! And it has been getting warmer outside and I haven't seen him wear a single pair of shorts yet! He has really nice legs, so I like how he looks in shorts. I think he should wear shorts to show off his legs. I don't want to tell him I hate the way he dresses because I don't want him to think I'm shallow and I don't want to hurt his feelings. Trust me, I am not the controlling, b*tchy type, but I absolutely hate these ugly *** tennis outfits he's wearing. How do I nicely tell him that I hate his clothes or ways that can help him get the message?

Drop a subtle hint. "I love those kinda clothes on you-they really suit you and show off your muscles/hot legs" it may encourage him to wear the type of clothes you like more.

My bf used to wear this really ugly leather jacket occasionally and I told him straight I hated it but Im blunt. I love all his other clothes.

The girl I liked just said that I look like a bum and it was enought to get the hint.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

One time I was dating this girl and she complained about the way I dressed.

It reminded me of this time I told a girlfriend I didn't like the way she dressed, and she got up on her soapbox about how "empowered" she was and "no man was going to tell her she was allowed to dress."

So I told the girl I was dating "If you don't like it, date someone else."

She didn't complain again, and we dated for another 5 months until I got tired of her whininess (about other things) and started dating her friend instead.

This reminds me about girl who said that my outfit looks like its bought in Primark(cheap clothing store). I started to defend my clothes but instead I should just say what I wanted to say from beginning - that her outfit is stiched with pegs cause it was - she was fat girl trying to get sunburn in backyard so she stiched her dress with pegs to make it skimpy and she looked even fatter.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

There is nothing wrong with Primark. im going there tomorrow. The clothes are cheap but they have some nice stuff. Its the busiest shop in town

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    One time I was dating this girl and she complained about the way I dressed.

It reminded me of this time I told a girlfriend I didn't like the way she dressed, and she got up on her soapbox about how "empowered" she was and "no man was going to tell her she was allowed to dress."

So I told the girl I was dating "If you don't like it, date someone else."

She didn't complain again, and we dated for another 5 months until I got tired of her whininess (about other things) and started dating her friend instead.
    Women normally know what looks good/what doesnt on men so maybe you should have taken a few tips off her. My bf always asks my opinion on clothes and I ask his too. I wouldnt be offended or insulted if he said "I dont like that dress" Id say thanks for being honest-Ill try on another one instead. I dont see what the big deal is? Nobody wants to walk around looking like a twat and Id say she wasnt trying to hurt you-just being honest.

Do you have a problem with women? Ive noticed a lot of your posts are aimed at us in a bad way

What do WOMEN do in this situation? They buy their man new clothes. And when they wear them they compliment them on how sexy they look, and give them extra special attention. You never nag at a man...there is plenty of time to do that when you are married.

When people in the beginning of the relationship look nice and then start not to care what they wear that might be a sign of getting comfortable with the person, but also about caring less. If it's the latter, that's not a good thing. One should try to look their best for their loved one. If you love the person you are with you will naturally want to look your best for them.

Guy was wearing HOLLISTER, FFS. Thank God his experimental faggot phase is over; he can start being a guy again! AND you are a shallow bitch for name dropping fancypants prettyboy faggot labels, TOTALLY unnecessary.
    Last edited by YoungCosmo; 05-05-13 at 02:46 AM.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Drop a subtle hint. "I love those kinda clothes on you-they really suit you and show off your muscles/hot legs" it may encourage him to wear the type of clothes you like more.
    Eff that noise. Men don't get subtle hints.

LOL with women it's all about fashion (well most). The one thing that a lot of women do when checkin a guy out is look at what he is wearing on his feet. His look is what attracted her in the first place. It's no different if the GF decided to but on 20 pounds or stops putting on makeup or doing anything to her hair....you would be bitchin about that. I have to agree with Toknow on this one (a land mark day here) that you should keep looking your best for your mate. Yes of course you can have the occasion day when you want to be lazy, but all the time, or being too comfortable is no excuse in my book. I have been with my husband for 23 year and I always make sure I am presentable, especially when we go out. I'm always buying new clothes to keep up with trends. I'm not one of those who throws on a pair of sweat pants.
    Last edited by smackie9; 05-05-13 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Eff that noise. Men don't get subtle hints.
    true dat bro....

That's stupid. Why would shoes be so instrumental in attraction? SHALLOW WOMEN.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    That's stupid. Why would shoes be so instrumental in attraction? SHALLOW WOMEN.
    They want to know if you'll be able to run away...lol.

jk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast