+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sharing emotions?

sharing emotions?

so bluntly, im horrible at sharing emotions, i simply cannot allow myself to, due to childhood issues.

thing is, i like this girl and want to put myself out there for her because ive never met a person so similiar to me that it scares me, and want to tell her how im feeling and see how shes feeling, but i dont know how to do it or say it. I cant even say how much i appreciate my closest friends, it can be that bad.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    highly personal information should be shared little by little, I think. Generally speaking, you "up" the quality of the content gradually and MUTUALLY, meaning you share a little, and then she shares a little of similar value, etc.

I think many people these days overshare. Don't feel bad about this not being you.

I used to have a really hard time with emotions through elementary and high school. If I was hit in the face with a ball I wouldnt cry, if something upset me I would invert it, keep it to myself, i choked on the words "I love you." My parents never showing emotion (except for laughing at cruel jokes about each other) may have had something to do with it, I dont know or care.

When you have a first love you learn to express alot of emotions. like vashti says, gradually and mutually you start opening up a little more and learning more about her and yourself AND how to control emotions.

You get better and better at it with age its natural at first to be very introverted about how you're feeling. You might want to play with it a little bit, jokingly say to this girl "youre so freakin awesome!"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your best route is to find someone reserved like yourself. She will appreciate your candor when you choose to share, but won't be disappointed the same way a more overtly emotional girl might be.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I think you needn't worry so much about wording your feelings. Start by showing you care with kind gestures. Try to get to know what she likes and does not like (music, books, food..) and show her you remember it in casual conversations.
    If you become friends, be tender with her. Friends hug and share greeting kisses. you know.

What am trying to say is that you could show her your feelings by a smile or by little attentions that could be more revealing than words...

Avoid being blunt though. You said she is quite like yourself therefore not overly extravert. So if you compliment her try to compliment something she has done, something she wears, her intelligence...I don't know...and see how it is received...if you feel that she was touched by it...then it is a good sign she likes you too but thread carefully and remember to back off if she looks uneasy...good luck....

Secret of seduction is to remember that not everyone will fall for you. So back off if it is not meant to be....

It's my understanding you should not do this first generally speaking. Sometimes, well, most of the time in my experience it's better to feel it out and lay out little hints and let her solve the puzzle rather than telling her up front. There are plenty of things you can do that convey you're feelings without saying it aloud.

That might just be me though, and how I roll. We're talking about emotions and there's really no wrong answer - but I believe certain answers are better for the relationship interest for a woman. Be the puzzle box from Hellraiser haha!