+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new blood at work

new blood at work

Now i know that dating people you work with may be a bad decision... But I want to know waht others think? Are ther pros for dating someone you work with ?

(let me just make one side note, don't date guys that call you young lady... they're strange)

If you really like each other I guess a pro may be you get to see each other everyday. However, that can also suck when you get into fights and don't want to be around each other for a little while. Also if you break up.

Exactly, I mean what happens if things go really bad? the thing is what if they don't go bad? I have mat many people that date people they work with.
    What about when your friends break up? Would you date there X?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

In here lies two questions...first is dating someone from work.

1) it happens all the time, the reality is a few things, one - make sure there is no conflict of interest. ie: dating your boss....if possible get transfered.

With that, dating someone from work can be alot of fun, I've done it...mind you when we worked together things were going really really well. But other people from that workplace dated and when they broke up it made life difficult for everyone around....

2) dating a friends ex...i asked this on here once, i have mixed feelings about it. I know personally I would be upset if a friend of mine dated my ex. But at the same time, i know how tempting it is to get with a friends ex. (I had a chance to shag a buddy's ex, shortly after they broke up...but I didnt out of respect to him). so with regards to that, I would say it all depends on the situation, how your friend feels about their ex...and what the history is there...and how much you care about your friendship...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Dating someone might not be that bad, but if you're living with them, then I wouldn't do it. It all depends on your outlook on it I suppose. Personally, I like getting away from the significant other and I don't think I'd want to work with her.

As for dating your friends ex, forget it. That's just stupidity. Why cause tension? Friends last alot longer than a temporary girlfriend.

LINEBACKER 2

It's not a great idea to date your friend's ex. However if you absolutley must, get permission from your friend before you do so. If you get the ok, then date them. Make sure to hit it too and brag to your friend on how you beat that up!

MUAHAHA!

I do not think that dating you friends x is a good idea. There are rules about that, even if you ask for your friends blessing. It's the whole "sloppy seconds" thing. Men come and go but friends don't.

I don't know about dating someone at work. Personally, I agree with LINEBACKER_2. I like having the seperation. If you office flirt and I won't lie , I do, I think the boyfirend would be a little jealous and I can't deal with that at work. Besides, what if you want to have lunch with a friend and not with him, it's just to complicated.

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Damn, once again, I totally agree with Jane. I'm a total flirt and I'm sure the g/f/wife would absolutely hate it if she found out that this was common practice with me.

It's way too complicated to deal with, and it's not worth the effort.

And the same goes for dating your friends ex. It's sloppy seconds and it could cause a ton of tension between you and your friend. I mean what is more important? Your friend, or you temporary girlfriend?

If you are still deciding what to do, then you should probably get your priorities in order.

LINEBACKER 2

Noticing a theme in postings lately. Linebacker and Jane seem to wanna go at it like wild dogs.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I think that it's defentaley interesting that LINEBACKER_2 is always agreeing with me... then I again he gives great advice too. Hmmm, it's an intresting pattern...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Like I said, I agree with good advice, and Jane gives fantastic advice which I always seem to agree with.

Great people think alike. Jane, well... is totally awesome.

LINEBACKER 2

Maybe we are actually the same person? I love the way you think...
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Jane... well hey. Wow.

Sorry guys, but no one can have Jane. She's mine.

LINEBACKER 2

Taken by storm I'm afraid...LINEBACKER_2... Can I be your Quarterback? or am I the Wide Reciever?
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Jane, you're just mine. End of story.

LINEBACKER 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast