+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stringing Me Along...How to Move On

bah is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Stringing Me Along...How to Move On

-- Deleted for privacy --
    Last edited by bah; 10-05-10 at 01:16 PM.

you need to lay it on th eline - tell him you either want to move forward with your relationship or your out of there.

If you are prepared to walk and lose a 'friendship' then sobeit. He will have to accept your decision eventually.

If you choose to walk do not contact him, do not answer his texts, e-mails, phone calls ect. That is just giving him false hope.

Has he had any gfs since you have known him? Is he uber shy? Maybe he wants to go further but needs a rocket up his ass to do it.

ultimatum time i think....

Users Country Flag

has he ever tried to touch you? i mean like graze his hand over urs or sit a bit close - or even got drunk and tried it on?

any signs there might be interest there he is just suppressing?

oh and is he capricorn? cos bloody capricorn men are a sodding nightmare they take a fricken age to crack - take it from one who knows

Users Country Flag

maybe he has been properly hurt in the past and is scared to commit to anything more than casual.

either way you will find out when/if you cut ties.

he may come running when he realises he is losing you, and if he doesnt come running then its good that you got out

Users Country Flag

Usually we (women) find reasons to justify a man's behavior when he is not responding in the way that we wish he would. Sometimes it is just this simple - "he just is not that into you" - difficult to hear but true. Move on - if he wants you, he will do what he needs to do in order to have you.

Users Country Flag
    Last edited by bah; 10-05-10 at 01:17 PM.

Users Country Flag

Sounds 'exactly' like the situation I was in, only we'd been romantically involved previous and for 6 months prior to getting stuck in this cycle and it was long distance...well 2 hours distance. In total he was in my life for 2 years.....the cycle consisting of one and half years.

Like you I'd told him I felt, he'd said he didn't want a relationship and used other classic excuses as to why he didn't. At same time he wouldn't leave me alone and was always the initiator! No booty call involved, so it wasn't that keeping him around either.
    Like you I got pissed off, tried to cut off contact numerous times, yet he wouldn't leave me alone and I'd always go back. Trouble is, we are too nice

Then it was time for drastic measures, because he wouldn't f**k off and I reached a point where I'd had enough FINALLY....this was 3 weeks ago! lol

I decided to cut off contact for good and by just totally ignoring him! Since then he's tried to call, etc, but I just keep on ignoring him.

It does get easier.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 05-05-10 at 07:16 PM.

And mine is a Saggittairus bloke......takes a lot to pin them down apparantly because they lurve their freedom too much.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    I hope so. The first couple of days were a living hell. Today I am a little down but it was nothing like the first day. The first day, I cried all day long. Today, I look at his picture and instantly melt. I hate the process of getting over someone. :'( But I still haven't contacted him. I do miss him tremendously. He will make an excellent husband for the right girl he falls in love with. Too bad it wasn't me. :/

I can't stand in the way of him going back home and I know my presence in his life somewhat does.

One part of me wishes he would come running back on a white horse with a blazing sword of love. But the reality is, that is unlikely to happen so I've just been keeping as busy as possible.
    I'm taking it that you were for the majority, the 'initator' then?

In my situation, I wasn't. I would never call or text him...he always came to me and continued to do so and despite my ending it a thousand times. It was hard to not pick up all those calls. But easy to not call him because it's something I'd never done anyway.

Even if he does decide to call, it's unlikely to be because he has had a change of heart. It would just continue on and without things changing. I sat around thinking he would change and hoping that ending things/withdrawing would make him realise that maybe he wanted me (at one point we didn't speak for 2 months), but even those 2 months apart didn't change things.

Distance doesn't stop them calling either. Like I said, we were 2 hours apart and he'd still call. I'm unsure why you'd think he'd stop calling, when you say he's going home? Does he live abroad or something?
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 05-05-10 at 09:56 PM.

This guy is 42 and has never been married?
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast