+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm not sure how to propose?

I'm not sure how to propose?

Hi all,

So long story short, I'm going to propose to my girlfriend.
    Currently we live apart (she is currently in Finland), but it wont be for long at all. We're really to take out relationship further.

So my question is about proposing. She already knows that I'm going to propose soon, though I still would like to surprise her. Would it be romantic to do it as soon as I get off the airplane, like somewhat spontaneously at the airport? It'll be the first time we're together for about 3 weeks.
    Or should I still try to get the whole romantic setup, such as a nourished hotel/room, dinner, etc. This trip is going to be a holiday for both of us in finland and we'll be spending some time in lapland/all over finland, so it would be nice to treat the whole thing as an engagement gift- that's why I thought that doing it straight off the plane would be a valid option.

All ideas welcomed.

Thanks
    Last edited by Iina's Husband; 07-10-12 at 03:24 AM.

Maybe you could make her a romantic video, of all your memories and photo's of the holiday you've had, its very intimate and special to her rather than a 'normal surprise' its not traditionally romantic. plus she will be able to keep it, and even use it for the wedding or remember it forever! then when you get home surprise her? I think if you were to propose straight from the airport she may be tired.. also its a very public setting and she may not feel its romantic even though i understand your gesture, its very sweet. Then you have to consider about the security measures, and if the flight is delayed or cancelled and maybe even the weather!

Depends on the girl. Take some time to reflect on who she is and what she would want. You obviously know her very very well, so sit alone for a while and pretend you are her... what would be the dream (but feasible) proposal for her?

Think about what her interests are - incorporate that somehow.

For example, I love snowboarding. It is my life.. I would be stoked if the guy who proposes to me took me on a boarding trip and proposed at the top of a great run.