+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: after 2 years, no marriage plan, what's next?

after 2 years, no marriage plan, what's next?

I've heard this from my gfs too many too often-if you're in a relationship with a guy for more than 2 yrs and he does not pop the question, run.
    Guys, is this true? Girls, what do you think? What if you are in a serious relationship but the timing is not right for him until maybe 4 yrs later (due to career related), but you're ready to start a family. let's say your biological clock is ticking and can't wait for another 2,3, 4 yrs, would you leave him and find someone else? If there's a big possibility that if you wait for another 2 yrs, he will marry you. Would you stay or leave?
    Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away our precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven

Wait, isn't your bf a scumbag?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

That's a very tough call. I was in a relationship for 4-yrs without getting married but we planned to. However, she ended up leaving me, and in retrospect; maybe I was stalling. I'm with a new woman now and I can't imagine not being married to her within the next year or two; assuming we stay together.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    I hope she is talking about someone else.

well if you think about it, if you leave a guy for not marrying you after 2 years, you'll have to find someone else, which would be another 2 years until you get married. So whether you leave them at 2 or stay for 4, its the same amount of time you're waiting to get married. I'd say if you're happy in the relationship, just wait.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    That's a very tough call. I was in a relationship for 4-yrs without getting married but we planned to. However, she ended up leaving me, and in retrospect; maybe I was stalling. I'm with a new woman now and I can't imagine not being married to her within the next year or two; assuming we stay together.

Wait, huh????????

This thread isn't about me Lloyd.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    well if you think about it, if you leave a guy for not marrying you after 2 years, you'll have to find someone else, which would be another 2 years until you get married. So whether you leave them at 2 or stay for 4, its the same amount of time you're waiting to get married. I'd say if you're happy in the relationship, just wait.
    Except that if guy number one isn't marrying her after four years, then she would have wasted four years instead of two.

I think two years is long enough for a man to decide if she is the girl or not (once you get to the marrying age). Honestly, women who want to have a family have more to be concerned about with regards to that biological clock than men do.

I'd say, if you're over 25, after 2 years, shit, or get off the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95

no no..i'm not talking about my personal relationship. I'm talking about relationships in general. Well, before the Saturday night incident happened, I was thinking about it, but now it's a different story. I just want to see what's your take on this. that's all.
    Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away our precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven

That's a good point; age has a lot to do with it too.
    At the same time, however, some people don't dig a formal marriage; aint nothing wrong with that....Just paper and taxes.

That's a good point; age has a lot to do with it too.
    At the same time, however, some people don't dig a formal marriage; aint nothing wrong with that....Just paper and taxes.
    Well, from a girl point of view, I think it's unfair for a her to have no formal wedding. To me, if there's no formal wedding, it's more like they get married for convenient purposes.

yellowjasmin----"What if you are in a serious relationship but the timing is not right for him until maybe 4 yrs later (due to career related).....'

Blah blah blah. Men love using that career line, "I'm too focused on my career right now". They just haven't found the right girl
    Once the right girl comes along, they make time to see her. They work all day, leave the office at 7pm, take the girl out to dinner, than go back to the office at 10pm to finish up their work. Weekends they give up sport/tv/whatever to take her out. Within the year, they've given her a ring and married her. Why? Because it's the girl that they want to marry, and they make sure they get her (and the career).

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    yellowjasmin----"What if you are in a serious relationship but the timing is not right for him until maybe 4 yrs later (due to career related).....'

Blah blah blah. Men love using that career line, "I'm too focused on my career right now". They just haven't found the right girl
    Once the right girl comes along, they make time to see her. They work all day, leave the office at 7pm, take the girl out to dinner, than go back to the office at 10pm to finish up their work. Weekends they give up sport/tv/whatever to take her out. Within the year, they've given her a ring and married her. Why? Because it's the girl that they want to marry, and they make sure they get her (and the career).

Good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast