+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I met my soul-mate...

I met my soul-mate...

Hello,

I specifically registered to post this. You see, since it's new years I was watching the Sydney fireworks festival on TV and I suddenly remembered something. It's a memory that has popped up time from time, but never so vividly as today. It's a beautiful and distant of mine. Around two/three years ago it was night time, and I was going (with my family) to a large fireworks show here in Brisbane Australia, I was 17. I was walking there all by myself looking at the ground while the tens of thousands of people around me were with their friends/relatives/lovers and getting ready for the final show. Even the train ride there had been full of all different kinds of people, while it's usually empty. Anyway, I was walking by myself (trailing behind my family) and I felt someone lightly tap my right shoulder. I was slightly surprised, so I looked back to see and there was this girl. She looked around my age maybe slightly older, she smiled slightly and waved at me. I waved back and continued walking as if to not be affected.

I'm 19, and the truth is this. For me, it has always been hard to even think of the possibility of happiness. When I think back to it, this girl was beautiful. In her eyes there was this fascination. I never expected anyone like her. That night when I was walking alone, I should have stayed with her just a little longer. She is gone now, lost in a sea of people. Upon remembering her, I didn't know what to do, so I just blogged it here. I am love, love is life, i'm sure I can't be the only one who's thought this. Someday I hope to find that spirit and bet everything on it.

I am proud of this post
    Last edited by anonymous2; 31-12-11 at 10:40 PM.

Some people take the step to place an ad in the personals in a local paper, "I saw you, you saw me" looking for that stranger that got lost in the crowd.

^ ya, you see it all the time. Just log on Craigslist and you will find a sea of personals about people who are trying to find their "lost loves" or "missed connections". I always wondered if that ever worked for the poster's advantage. It must be really a coincidence or fate that the other man/woman logs onto the same website or newspaper and sees the same ad and writes the poster back. Anyways.... we've all had those sorts of encounters that just slipped through the cracks without a phone number or name. If you believe in fairy tales a Cinderella or Little Mermaid story can come true.... lol

But i think it's more to do with you being single and lonely all this time since the encounter. It just puts more feelings and intensified that encounter for you. If you would have had a girlfriend this whole time....you'd most likely forget that girl on NYE all those years ago.