+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butterflies afraid to fly...

Butterflies afraid to fly...

Right now, I'm looking at photos from my childhood...

...I see a handsome 10 year old, in his Batman Top, and Cape. In the photo, he stands TALL, and proud. I SWEAR, I see a spark in his eyes. His smile is unconditional. Such an innocent kid. He is a butterfly, afraid to fly...

...this butterfly is now 22.

He doesn't ask for much. He never did. He absorbs from his surroundings - an intrinsic personality. Locked emotions and feelings, that nobody can see. Limited facial expressions.

Why does time go by so fast? 22 years - JUST LIKE THAT!

Right now, I am in a strange mood. I feel like I need to love somebody (weird, huh?). I feel I have a lot of love to give.

I WANT TO FALL IN LOVE

I want to take her to the movies. I want to cook her dinner. I want us to hold each other. I want to claim a spot on her body, and make it mine (the bridge on her back between the shoulder blades and below the neck). I want to kiss her there. I want her to blow in my ear. I want to have wild crazy sex. I want it often. I want to get into fights with her - over petty things. I want her to wear my shirts. I want to use her shampoo, and smell like her. I want to smack her ass. I want to kiss her. I want to meet her family. I want her to meet mine. I want to have children with her. I want to marry her. I want to grow old with her. I want to share memories with her. I want to vacation with her. I want to love her.

The butterfly is getting ready to take off...

...he is just waiting for 'her' to come into his life, so they can fly together.

Where were you when I was falling in love????

oh yeah....you were 2...lol....

I hope you find 'her'...
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Unfortunately, just wanting to fall in love is not enough RK...

You know, one fact that is reassuring to me over and over again is that you need your emotional strength when you are out dating. You have to be so emotionally strong that you can handle a rejection after a rejection as if it was a breaze. You must be able to come back without loosing any self esteem over and over again until you find the one who will accept you for who you are and who you will accept for who she is...

Being emotionaly strong means being able to unlock your emotions and feelings and make yourself vulnerable to a chance of failure. It also means knowing that failure is very natural and your confidence in yourself needs not to be lost when that failure occurs...

Then, you start learning different tricks and tools of the trade on how to minimize rejections, best things to do and what not to say. My advice, go out there and experience this to the fullest for yourself. Just remember that rejection will always be there, things will not go as planned and it must not deter you from your way!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    Unfortunately, just wanting to fall in love is not enough RK...

You know, one fact that is reassuring to me over and over again is that you need your emotional strength when you are out dating. You have to be so emotionally strong that you can handle a rejection after a rejection as if it was a breaze. You must be able to come back without loosing any self esteem over and over again until you find the one who will accept you for who you are and who you will accept for who she is...

Being emotionaly strong means being able to unlock your emotions and feelings and make yourself vulnerable to a chance of failure. It also means knowing that failure is very natural and your confidence in yourself needs not to be lost when that failure occurs...

Then, you start learning different tricks and tools of the trade on how to minimize rejections, best things to do and what not to say. My advice, go out there and experience this to the fullest for yourself. Just remember that rejection will always be there, things will not go as planned and it must not deter you from your way!
    I wish falling in love was that easy. I've wanted this type of love for years. I want to know what if feels like. I imagine feeling weightless. Or maybe that's just the NGF, lol.

To be very honest with you, I feel I can take rejection well - I'm HONESTLY not afraid of it. At least I don't think I am. Having said that, I don't like to show my feelings, and maybe it's because I don't like to feel vulnerable - you got me!

Well, the OP was just an outlet for my desires, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    To be very honest with you, I feel I can take rejection well - I'm HONESTLY not afraid of it. At least I don't think I am. Having said that, I don't like to show my feelings, and maybe it's because I don't like to feel vulnerable - you got me!
    If you don't like to show your feelings and want to protect yourself from being vulnerable it means that you are afraid of rejection and of a chance that your feelings will be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Within yourself you must be able to find strength and a type of arrogance (If thats the right word) to own your feelings and express them regardlessly of what others may interpret or misinterpret out of them (As long as you don't hurt anybody or yourself in the proccess)...

The one you are seeking will identify with those feelings and return them, while all others will be dettered by them and thus are not worth your pursuit to begin with...
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I agree with Vanilla Girl - all girls should fall for a guy like you RSK.

Your thread reminds me of Elton John:

You're a butterfly
    and butterflies are free to fly
    Fly away, high away
    bye bye

I'd say you were more in the catapillar stage; the butterfly stage has yet to come for you my friend. And when it does, it'll be a beautiful flight.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I agree with Vanilla Girl - all girls should fall for a guy like you RSK.
    I disagree, not if the guy is not ready for disappointments and for ups and downs that come with a relationship...
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    I wish falling in love was that easy. I've wanted this type of love for years. I want to know what if feels like. I imagine feeling weightless. Or maybe that's just the NGF, lol.

Well, the OP was just an outlet for my desires, that's all.
    No one likes to feel vulnerable, and I think it is only natural that one exposes themselves gradually. Normally the way it works is that she might expose a bit of her emotional vulnerability, and then you might expose a bit of yours. This gives you a chance to adjust to new levels of intimacy. It is unsettling to hear someone vomit forth all their emotion at once.

You'll be fine. I'd even let you date my daughter. (She isn't allowed to date until she is 35.)

Tone Guest
    RK - I feel ya, man.. I feel ya..

Mishanya has some very excellent points too.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    I'd say you were more in the catapillar stage; the butterfly stage has yet to come for you my friend. And when it does, it'll be a beautiful flight.
    Aw, Lloyd, thats like the cutest thing you've ever said.

And RSK.....the wait will be worth it. A guy like you, you are going to meet someone amazing. You deserve it!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Tone Guest
    Just because you're bitter it hasn't worked for you doesn't mean you need to crush the poor boys hopes and dreams...

Tone Guest
    :[

*hug for indi*

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    ...Love, hate...some other stuff...love, hate...some other stuff... love, hate...some other stuff... etc.
    LOL!

Reminds me of the actor line: "Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. My line...More bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. My line..."
    Speak less. Say more.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    LOL!

Reminds me of the actor line: "Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. My line...More bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. My line..."

PS, its all in the "wrist", right??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast