+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: older women?

older women?

What do you guys think of dating older women? Also, is there a cut off on how many years older?

I just started dating a guy I thought to be my age, but he is 3 years younger than me. I guess I never questioned his age because he is very mature and educated compared to other males his age.

We are both in our twenties.

I am 20 years old and I LOVE older women. My "cut-off" age is 24 tho - I wont date anyone thats more than 4 years older than me.

Quote Originally Posted by manderbug
    I just started dating a guy I thought to be my age, but he is 3 years younger than me. I guess I never questioned his age because he is very mature and educated compared to other males his age.
    I dated someone that was six years younger and that difference proved to be too great. He was in his early 20's and I was in my late 20's and so there are issues that we never saw eye to eye on.

However, if you never questioned his age - why bother now? Finding the right person is hard enough!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Now whose the smart one Jules? Go for it! So what that hes a few years younger than you-have fun with him and get to know him! At this point age shouldnt matter!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

for some of us, anything thats going to be more than just 'fun' for a while, older women are the only ones that can really keep up with us, for me-just what i need from someone mentally and physically, most girls my age cant really keep up..im 20 myself, pretty much was always that kid hanging out with people like 4-5 years older than him and stuff, so maybe thats part of it, but really age doesnt matter so much, as the person itself, cause it goes both ways- where im at mentally at my age, i could find that from a girl my age, but its just more common with older females, also im still just a big ass kid, so cnat have someone TOO serious you know.
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Thanks everyone for the advice...by the way, I love the Jack Handy quote, jslaughter!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been praying for a post like this to come up!
    Well, the last time I had a girlfriend at my age was in High School when I was 17. She didn't know what she wanted sexually and in a relationship. I started dating my sister's friends when I was 19, they were 27. They insisted so I went ahead. I was a serious fella, but with a perfect sense of humor. Then I had a fling with my boss at 20. She had a fiance, but he didn't know how to behave and treat her. She spend more time with me because I was mature and kind and knew what I wanted sexually. I met the guy secretly and he was a complete jerk. Then after the fling, I dated older women around between 25-29, after 30 things don't quite feel comfertible for the both of us.
    Right now, I just broken up with a 28 year old because it was time for her to get straight with her marriage, lol. I understood. I am 22 by the way.
    But some older women think it's a sin and they might get a good gossip story for going out with a mature youngster, that's why you don't see it in public much. Young girls just play games.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy
    Young girls just play games.
    Well you haven't met this girl

Similar to you (although without the affairs with a person thats still in a marriage) I date in the older category. I'm 18, currently seeing someone thats 22. I think my highest age was 24, so far... Age makes no difference to me. I've dated younger and I've dated guys my age. They seemed to be lacking the ambition I want in a man.

But, for future reference, not all "young girls" play games...

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Well you haven't met this girl

But, for future reference, not all "young girls" play games...
    Ofcourse they don't I think I reffer myself with all the ones I met. Sorry.
    But I believe what attracts me more in on older women is that potential to perform in bed. And they have a already have a steady desire of their sexual need they want from me. Married women want more ofcourse. But anyways....
    Yes, I am a sinner.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    older women are always a good thing. they bring a different perspective to the relationship and looking at things from a different angle is always good. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I often only find myself considering older women. I'm 21 (almost 22) but am not into the same things that the 'younger crowd' often are. I don't drink. I don't 'party'. I don't sleep around. I don't smoke (ANYTHING. Cigarettes, cigars, wacko-tobacco, NOTHING!). My vocabulary doesn't consist of "like" interjected inbetween every other word. I can't stand gossip and I (like NLB above) HATE playing games.

I relate more to older people, hang out with mostly older people, and in general prefer someone who doesn't put me through all that crap that college girls think they can put me through.

That doesn't mean that I automatically EXCLUDE girls that are my age or younger, but just that after talking to them for a short while, I almost inevitably end up getting told about how "wasted" they were at this party last weekend or how theyr'e best friend "like" hooked up with "like" six guys at this club or how they're just gonna DIE if they don't get their nails done soon.

And every time I hear these things, I die a little inside. A small part of my brain shrivels up from the lack of intelligence and maturity that it was just subjected to. And it pains me to think about having to endure an actual "date" with someone who starts stories with "Oh my God you'll never believe what just happened!" or "So, I'm at this club, right?"

My last girlfriend is going to be 28 in a month. So that's a six year difference.

I think my limit would probably be low thirties. I don't put a big emphasis on the age difference. Just as long as we both get along and both can appreciate each other's humor. But once you get past early thirties, a lot of times they can have significant baggage, or long-term careers to worry about, or just too many differences in their history. In the early thirties, we both can say we appreciate 80's music. We both can say that we'd love to go to a KISS reunion concert. But things go gray before the 80s for me.

Alexi

BTW,

NLB,

I never realized how many 'dick' things you did. Messing around with married/engaged women? Why? I'm asking you, seriously. Why?

Alexi

Hey Alexi-some of gals who are in their 30's dont have THAT much baggage...we are older so theres bound to be some. And guys your age with your mentality are rare!

But I love the 80's anything to do with the 80's-ATARI damnit!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    Hey Alexi-some of gals who are in their 30's dont have THAT much baggage...we are older so theres bound to be some.
    Yeah. I understand that. But I don't have baggage. And don't want to pick up 'ex-husbands' that may/may not come after me and am VERY wary of someone with kids (since if I get involved, seriously, that's kids that I'm gonna end up taking care of). With YOU squirrel, your kid is old enough that I wouldn't worry. All I'd worry about would be him axing me in my sleep because I'm the person that's around HIS age that's dating his mom. It'd be like some sort of gender reversed, woody allen creepy thing.

(For those who don't know, Woody Allen, director/actor/semi-pro clarinetist - THAT'S RIGHT! HE PLAYS CLARINET! - married. Then divorced, then remarried his ex-wife's adopted daughter. Which is just, well, ****ed up.)

But the age (as a number) wouldn't really phase me.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel
    And guys your age with your mentality are rare!
    Unfortunately, so are girls my age with my mentality. Which is why I need to look at older women anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel
    But I love the 80's anything to do with the 80's-ATARI damnit!!!
    Oh yeah. Missile command HERE I COME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    BTW,

NLB,

I never realized how many 'dick' things you did. Messing around with married/engaged women? Why? I'm asking you, seriously. Why?

Alexi
    maybe because I am a "Lover Boy" and not a fighter???? LOL

well, it's a fair question. We are all different, and that could result in being different sexually. Not to start an argument, but usually my matureism, sense of humor, and charm tends to attract the older women and then magic happens. But I still date older women, if they just want a nice time, no sex involve, it's fine with me. We'll still keep in touch and go out some other day. hey we all need a friend. I hope I had fullfilled the question, if not ask away, I don't mind.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast