+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really want some advice on how to go about this girl

I really want some advice on how to go about this girl

So there's this girl I like. We're in high school. I'm a junior, she's a senior, but since I started school late we're the same age. We are both on the wrestling team and that's how we became friends but there's only one more week till season ends. So we're kinda new friends. I've known her since sophomore year but we've only been friends recently. We've had a few really good conversations. We both like to watch anime and we actually have planned on a weekends to have an anime day and me go to her house and watch anime all day. It was originally planned that another friend would be there too but he doesn't wanna come so it's just us and she seems fine with that. She's been a little emotional with me. Namely yesterday at a state tournament where she didn't do too well. I talked to her and she was crying a lot. So we talked for maybe 25 minutes and I think I really made her feel better. She thanked me in texts which I thought were sincere. Also I have offered to teach her jiu-jitsu (grappling) after wrestling season. She wants to learn so I think that will go well. So I figured I was doing pretty well. But I'm a little discouraged cuz she has multiple bestfriends who are guys. And she seems real close with them. And aside from them, a lot of her friends are guys. I'm friends with most of her guy friends or I know them. She's a real pretty and popular girl too. So I want advice on asking her out to a "date." my main fear is jeopardizing our friendship. I'm new to relationships but I think I can ask her out easy enough but I'm still unsure. And I'm also a bit put off cuz I don't know if I stand out among her guy friends. Granted I take great interest in her wrestling but her bestfriends are also wrestlers. So I'm just asking for opinions on how I could go about getting close enough to the point where she will e my girlfriend. Thanks everyone!

Thank you kristi. I'll check out your site.

I have one more thing to add. She's kinda touchy with her guy friends. Not sexually but like she'll rest her head on one of her friends shoulders or put her arm around a guys neck or lean on him and stuff. She seems to do this with multiple guys.