+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any europeans here??????

any europeans here??????

THE LISBON TREATY

i voted today. i reckon history will thank ireland for the result. i feel optimistic that the right decision is made. i'll find out tomorrow.

493 million people more than population of america yet smaller in size geographically will hopefully be saved from dictatorship. fingers crossed. history for real.

people tell me do you realise how historical this vote is? bigger than anything i've ever seen in the world because of the content and amount of people involved without rights.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 03-10-09 at 11:11 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I haven't voted. I need to do my research. I can only vote Absentee anyway since I live in the U.S.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I have a personal distaste for the EU. They should rename it to WEU. Eastern Europe should start their own union as well.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's this shit all about?

how can you guys be that ignorant and yet we know all about the americas. you do yourselves no favors
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco, I dunno exactly what`s that about but I do know that Poland expect Ireland to stop that Lisbon Treaty . Maybe You can tell me something about it?
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 03-10-09 at 08:25 PM.
    I wazzzz here

I'd might pop on BBC every now and then, but by being on the other side of the globe I reserve the right to ignore the Lisbon treaty.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    how can you guys be that ignorant and yet we know all about the americas. you do yourselves no favors
    Why should I know something that isn't on NPR in the morning?

Being "worldly" is overrated, anyway.

well i'm bummed, the 27 countries in europe are now just regions in the united states of europe. it's a bad day for democracy and a defining moment in history well that's if poland and czech republic and germany finally ratify it. i suppose there is still a glimmer of hope
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 03-10-09 at 10:49 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well i'm bummed, the 27 countries in europe are now just regions in the united states of europe. it's a bad day for democracy and a defining moment in history well that's if poland and czech republic and germany finally ratify it. i suppose there is still a glimmer of hope
    Wanna move to the real United States?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco can You explain me what`s all about? I just know Poland is one of few countries which is against the treat or something
    Well I like how it is now, I just don`t want Euro currency in Poland because if this happens, we`re going to be soooo broken You cannot imagine

EDIT: Seems like Ireland is going to ratify it And I checked infos on wikipedia quick, it doesn`t seem that bad, the good thing is ,few politicians less to pay for Well screw it I go back to watch 3rd season of My name is Earl yeaaaaah
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 04-10-09 at 12:53 AM.
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Eco can You explain me what`s all about? I just know Poland is one of few countries which is against the treat or something
    Here PP:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lisbon[/url]

[url]http://www.economist.com/world/europe/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10024471[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

most importantly we for-go out sovereignty, we allow the eu to take precedence over our own identity, (fine less wars between 27 countries) if the rest of european countries had been able to vote the politicians of all countries agreed that at least 95% of europeans would have rejected it. the lisbon treaty has been rejected by france, the netherlands and ireland and ireland was asked to vote again on the same treaty which in itself is undemocratic. small countries become regions of the united states of europe and voting for specific areas becomes more difficult. ireland for instance has 7 votes to germany who has 29 on the issues that affect all aspects of socio-economic issues that as a country we used to have control over now we no longer have a right due to the eu being solely in charge of everything*except tax*. there are so many more issues that i really am too locked to explain right now. but i read the actual treaty and believe me there is bullshit at major play, if people really knew...
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 04-10-09 at 02:03 PM.

I'd rather see a strong EU than a bunch of countries bickering and only looking out for what they can grab for themselves.

Don't forget that it's a union, not a country - if you don't like the way things are going you can always leave.

What do you know about what's going on in the USA right now?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast