+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lovesick

Lovesick

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know about my story. I'm Julie, 25 years old and I am feeling like crap right now! It's New Years Eve and I should be out partying and shaking everything I got, but I am sitting at home, drowning my self pity with a bottle of Champagne and smoking like a chimney.

My boyfriend Victor has dumped me three days ago. It has been a very difficult relationship. We started seeing each other 4 1/2 years ago. He was stationed in Germany with the Army and after a year of dating, his contract with the Army luckily ended, we got engaged and moved in together here in Frankfurt. Victor didn't speak any German and didn't have a college degree, so he could not find a job. Luckily my job paid enough to support both of us. After 1 1/2 years Victor decided to move back to Cali to start college.

That's when things got ugly. For the past year and nine months I spent most of my time being lovesick. We were together on and off. Sometime we would not talk for a couple of months, but then he'd call again, telling me how much he still cares for me. Both of us started seeing other people, then being back together, breaking up again and on and on...in May I went to visit him in Cali for the first time. We finally made the decision to get married and I was planning to move over there. Four months later we broke up again. Then we didn't talk for two months until he called again. We both new it was still love, we gave it a last try. He decided to come over for Christmas to visit me. I bought the ticket and about 2 weeks ago he arrived. When he got here we were once again all over each other, full of love and plans for our future together. Out of the blue, two days after he arrived he broke up with me. A couple of days later I suggested that he should take an earlier flight home (flight originally scheduled for the 8 Jan), because the situation made me feel so bad. We were still sleeping togther, cuddling and telling each other I love you. Still he said that we should finally break up and not even talk to each other anymore after his leave. He said it was time to move on, even though he loves me. I was suffering big time. When I suggested to get an earlier flight he instantly called one of his buddies over here, packed his suitcase and left, without saying Good Bye or hugging me. He was mad at me for no reason and just left. He didn't even look at me anymore.

I don't know whether he is still in Germany or back in Cali, but I am not going out tonight. I don't want to risk running into him at a club.

I am very sad and hope that the new year will bring joy and happiness. I just can't stand the sadness and tears anymore that hit me every morning when I get up.

Anyway, I thought this board is a probably a good place to share my feelings.

Wishing all of you a very happy New Year.

Julie

=(
    I'm sorry to hear what happened.
    But it's new years! Call up a few friends and hang out with them, you might even have fun and forget about the bloody bloke!

i'm sorry.

maybe he did you a favor by letting you go. it sounds like it's been on and off and on again for a while. you're young girl go find you a man that knows he wants to be with you and won't play with your mind like that.

just for all the crap you've been through i give you full permission to smoke and drink until you puke. but tomorrow take care of yourself. everything will be good.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa that was long. and being that i'm not as drunk as i was the night before.. hrmm...

i like the part of you being a lovefool. other than that... i'm gonna go drink some more.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...