+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i stay or should i go

should i stay or should i go

So hello
    first sorry if my english's bad
    and second sorry if there was another better place for my post.
    So this is my "story". nad i would be very thankful for any kind of comment or advice on what should i do

I have found myself in a very difficult situation. So i am a girl. I love another girl.. i've been with her for the past 2 years (almost) in a really strong and deep relationship. and just now for the holidays when i was in a different country, i found out she had cheated on me... with a FRIend of mine. the first thing i did was to break up all connections with this so called "friend" cos this is more than treachery to me.. this is something unforgivible (if there exists such a word)
    in general i am a really jealous person. i thought that if something like this happens, i would never be able to forgive to my love. but i did. i do. the problem is she has some sort of feelings to my "friend" and now she has to decide... between the two of us or neither of us. I am being really pitiful actually.. running behind her like a dog.. asking her, begging her just to come back and fix all things despite all my pain and broken selfconfidence (ego).
    can you think of anything that would really bring her back? cos i dont believe that time fixes it all - i believe time burries all...
    Last edited by lesser; 14-01-07 at 02:42 AM. Reason: mistakes

I got dumped then not to long later my ex was with my best friend since third grade so yeah.. it sucks...

I say ditch them both. You can forgive whoever you want but There are so many other and better people out there. I say find someone better and new.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

LostNotFound Guest
    as much as you can forgive you won't be able to forget so as hard as it may seem, 'ditch em both'

it's sounds like the most logical thing to do, doesnt it? But really I can't just put my back on two wonderful years... yet she did... and even if she does come back to me, how do i know if she won't do it again.. it's hard only the first time..

It will never be the same, but if you're really willing to put it in the past, you should give yourself a time frame. You two should work it out, fight about it, cry about it, and then never, ever bring it up again.

If it were me, I'd cut her loose, but I understand if you're not ready to do that. The fact that she was with your friend is a double betrayal. Can you really ever trust her again?
    Spammer Spanker

I don't know, but i'm willing to try. I will never forgive my friend though..
    but it's a story as old as the world..

"cut her loose" means dump? (not a really good english dictionary i have here )

Quote Originally Posted by lesser View Post

"cut her loose" means dump? (not a really good english dictionary i have here )
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm really harsh about cheating. I think that with almost seven billion people on the planet, there's no reason to stay with one who would do you wrong like that, no matter HOW wonderful she might be.
    Spammer Spanker

well i believe in second chances.. the stupid thing is i feel like i'll be given the second chance.

otherwise you are right.. it's stupid to depress and restrict my/yourself to a person given there are so many.. but still.. these are two f***** years

Love is never a waste of time, even if it goes straight to Hell in the end.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everytime I see this thread pop up, I think:

should I stay or should I go
    If I go there will be trouble
    If I stay there will be double
    so come on and let me know
    should I stay or should I go

Anyway, listen to Giga. She is usually right.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashti, i picked the topic name after that song
    thought it's usually a question i ask myself before an exam

I really think things are developing good right now.. but i'm afraid to have much hope. maybe i really should give myself a timelimit.. though after it i'll ask myself - what if i waited a day more

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The trust is gone, which is the first strike against you.

The second strike is the fact that if you do go back to it, it validates her behavior in a way.

You need to get out.

i believe she can gain my trust again.. with a simple word - yes...