+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update: I feel like i'm being strung along.

Update: I feel like i'm being strung along.

Well, some of you may remember my other post, if you don't its okay, I'll make this a standalone thread.

I met this girl in one of my classes. shes completely beautiful and has a personality that is very radiant. Basically, it would be safe to say that I love her.

Well the problem is, she has a boyfriend of 7 years. shes never cheated on him, or even been attracted to anyone until me. and no, she isn't lying about that.

We have had sex already. A few times. However, it is rather clear that both of us are holding back full compassionate intimacy for obvious reasons, her boyfriend. The problem is her boyfriend lives very far away, 5 hours of flying to be exact. Thus, they are in a long distance relationship. She has told me repeatedly that she wants to break up with him and that she canot tear down 7 years over the phone, she must see him face to face to do it. Shes planning on seeing him for thanksgiving, and says shes taking a break from him then.

Last night she and I got into sort of a fight. She told me that she sometimes has doubts about the things I say to her...like I love you and the like. She says she feels like i've said those things to other people before. She also confessed that she doesn't know if a long term relationship between us is possible, but that she can't stop being around me. We kissed and made up and she told me how incredibly amazing she thinks i am and then we parted ways.

Today we met for lunch and even though we were cute and cuddly, we did not kiss, which is odd since we always do.

After much talking with my friends, I've come to believe that maybe I'm going to be the one hurt here. and in a way, it is almost impossible not to. She has a boyfriend and she is going to get what she wants, whether its me or him. Me on the other hand, well, she could decide tomorrow she really just likes her boyfriend more.

Another thing thats wieghing on my mind is that I feel as though things may have changed between us as of last night because she usually always responds to my text messages immediately and with equally flirtatious remarks except today. Today, she didn't reply to me at all and she wont pick up the phone when I call (I'm one of those guys who doesn't call obnoxiously, so I stopped calling after she didn't pick up the second time). This is SO wierd, shes usually the one always trying to get a hold of me. And then just now out of nowhere she sends a text thats like "i look gross" or something stupid like that, which I responded to with no response back.

I just want to know, what on earth is going through this girl's head and moreover what should I do. I've been advised by my friends to give her the cold shoulder. She's the one with the boyfriend and so I should let her come after me at her discretion. I like this idea except I'm afraid she might misinterpret the cold shoulder for my loss of interest in her.

I'm rather torn.
    Last edited by HurtDude; 25-10-06 at 01:56 PM.

your first mistake was becoming involved with a girl who's already taken. If you want to remedy the situation, then stop seeing her. You clearly have feelings for her. So a platonic friendship is out of the question.

I really need some more help on this. I'm starting to feel like someone broke up with me, even though I never really had anyone in the first place.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Looks to me like she's either feeling regret, or she's getting tired of you.

Either way, you need to get out. There's NOTHING good that can come from this. Let's say you do win out, and she's in a relationship with you.

Do you want a relationship with someone that's going to pull this kind of shit on her boyfriend?

I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by HurtDude View Post

I really need some more help on this. I'm starting to feel like someone broke up with me, even though I never really had anyone in the first place.
    You don't listen.

You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.You don't listen.

You don't listen.