+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me I don't know how to survive this

Please help me I don't know how to survive this

Hey, there

Well a little about myself..
    I am 17 years old and my parents are religious but I'm not but they're still against me having a gf, if they're not happy with it they won't let me and they want me to choose one based on their desires in other words they don't want me to do anything till I'm married and I gotta get married with someone THEY are happy with.

I'm still a virgin and I haven't really kissed anyone in my whole life. I've found someone I love until recently and I'm crazy about her..I love her incredibly much and I'd do anything for her. This is a LDR though and we've been together for almost 4 happy months and we're both really in love and into it, we're also planning on meeting eachother and moving in together after I finish my studies and the thing is my parents are really against this and they recently found out that it was a LDR and a girl from the US so they're really treating me bad now.. They're going to take my phone and remove the internet connection just so I can't be with her.. This is sick.. I don't know what to do.. I love her and this is my only shot at love.. The feelings I have for her can never change and we've promised that we're going to work any problem out together..

Since I'm 17 and not 18 (Legal) I can't live alone and I can't buy my own internet connection or a phone with internet so I'm going crazy right now..Also my parents do use violence..so I know that I'm going to be hurtin' pretty soon so I'm planning on running from home but before that.. I really need some advice here, I got no one to talk to I don't know what to do please..

Oh and this is my first relationship ever.. others have tried but I was really never interested until I met this girl..

Any reply is appreciated... If you got any questions that would make it easier I'll answer them.. Thank you..
    Last edited by Aycee; 29-05-11 at 08:21 PM.

When you turn 18 leave your parents and freeze them out. Don't go see them, and don't answer their phone calls, just disappear.

Thank you

I'm going to do that, it's just my birthday is around new year and I'm going to get abused, phone will be taken from me and internet as well.. so I don't know if I should just run away now..I don't understand why my parents would do this..It's my relationship not theirs..I don't want to lose her and since it's a LDR, the trust and communication is a vital point..

If you can't support yourself, then running away isn't smart.

Right now you should start looking for a job, and trying to save some money, so that you can move out when you turn 18. The new year is only a few months, you'll have your whole life after that. If you're really afraid of being abused physically, then beat the shit out of your dad with a weapon while he's sleeping. Use a bat, crowbar, pipe, any other blunt instrument and attack his knees really hard so he can't come after you.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 29-05-11 at 08:30 PM.

There are still a lot of fishes in the sea ,same as girls in this world. If you're meant to be, no matter what you'll still end up together. So let's wait and see.
    http://www.jealousy-in-relationships.net

I just use to smack my parents back twice as hard if they got violent. They soon stopped!

I'm positive that physical violence against children is illegal in your country, as it is in mine. If they do, call the cops.

Are there no internet cafe's where you live? No internet access at the library? If you can, Yahoo IM, Skype and Googlemail offer free video chat.

And yeah, run as soon as you're able.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    If you can't support yourself, then running away isn't smart.

Right now you should start looking for a job, and trying to save some money, so that you can move out when you turn 18. The new year is only a few months, you'll have your whole life after that. If you're really afraid of being abused physically, then beat the shit out of your dad with a weapon while he's sleeping. Use a bat, crowbar, pipe, any other blunt instrument and attack his knees really hard so he can't come after you.
    That is really moronic advice. If you don't kill him, it'll be assault with a deadly weapon. If you do, it's murder. If he survives, rest assured he'll likely attempt (probably successfully) retaliation.

Let's be clear... you're not talking about just an LDR, you're talking about an online-only relationship, right? You've never met her, and you're talking about moving in with her? And you think this is your only shot at love? And she lives in a different hemisphere?

You need to spend some time getting your act together instead of wasting time on a crazy long-shot like this. It sucks, but you probably need to put up with your parents a while longer. Are you going to university? If so, you may need their help. If not, what kind of job will you work to support yourself? Might be a better idea to continue to live with your parents for a while until you've got some money saved up. Anyway, how were you planning to cross the Atlantic to see her? You need to save some money first.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

As much as you won't like it, it's their right to take away your phone and internet, so you're just going to have to deal with it. Buy a phone card and call her from a payphone once in a while, secretly write letters to each other on actual paper and use this thing called "the postal service" and just stick it out until you can move out. It will probably do you some good to spend less time with her, because you sound a little immature and too emotionally attached to (let's be real) someone you've never even met before.

Use that time to do a lot of growing up, and then if you're still serious about being with her, you're going to have to overcome some obstacles and be an adult and get a job and save money and wonderful things like that. In other words, you need to get your shit together before you can start a relationship with anyone.

If they're physically abusing you, then find a way to move out of there without putting yourself in a worse situation, like homelessness. Surely your school/government has programs to help minors in abusive homes.