+ Follow This Topic

Thread: LADIES*** Loss of sex drive from birth control pills...possible?

LADIES*** Loss of sex drive from birth control pills...possible?

Here is the issue plain and simple.

#1 - She hardly EVER gets wet AT ALL, going down on her, playing with my hands, etc... she is hardly ever wet... However after about 20 minutes of me using a clit vibrator, she gets VERY wet.. But unless the sex session starts off with the toy, it is uncomfortable for me and I assume her, to have sex... She does get a little wet during intercourse, but nothing like back in the first few months of our relationship (I understand that after the initial 'buzz' of a relationship, it tends to become less 'exciting' or whatever would be the best word). We have talked about it and she said that during a time when she used to get VERY wet, she was off birth control pills. But since she got back on them, it is impossible!!! I go down on her for 15-20 minutes and the only lube that provides us is from my saliva. We can't kiss heavily and get her wet like we used to or anything... So she thinks it is the birth control, I think I am just not as appealing as I used to be and it bothers me. We have a very healthy sex life (5-6 times a week), but I am finding that to get her wet I have to use other tools, and that sucks.... I have never experienced this before and love this girl to death.. Am I not working the magic well enough, is the birth control pill making this happen, or ?!?!? Any help ladies would be AWESOME!

THANKS!!!

Yes, it can make her lose some of her drive.

It all depends on the type of birth control and the reactions that it will have. Some women will experience no side effects in the sex drive, while others will simply refuse sex. You also have to take into consideration how long she has been on this pill. For some women it can take 3-4 months or so before they start getting "used to it" and their sex drive starts to plateau.

Either way, their sex drive can and will dwindle a lot while they are on the pill, but like I said - It all depends on which pill she is taking and how her body reacts to it.

You think that is bad - go through "The Shot". My girl was mostly turned off for close to 5-6 months after she started getting it. She is back to normal now, but the first few months were hell.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the input... I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.... It is getting less and less exciting for me to make love to her, knowing that she more than likely is doing it just to please me and not to experience the closeness of our relationship. Hope things turn around soon She is also extremely shy, so me trying to get her to do things out of the ordinary (wear outfits, watch risque' movies, "explore" behind closed doors, etc...) I guess I don't know what I am left to do... I really don't wanna lose the intimate times, but I just see myself looking less forward to it day after day of the same business....

I am an active female in a very stable relationship. For the past few months, I have had no sexual drive at all. I love my boyfriend, he provides me with love and stability. I am very attracted to him, but lately my drive is totally out of wack. But then I started to take an herbal supplement Sentia for women. And I can say that my libido has come back to normal level. Thank's to Sentia!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Yes, it can make her lose some of her drive.

It all depends on the type of birth control and the reactions that it will have. Some women will experience no side effects in the sex drive, while others will simply refuse sex. You also have to take into consideration how long she has been on this pill. For some women it can take 3-4 months or so before they start getting "used to it" and their sex drive starts to plateau.

Either way, their sex drive can and will dwindle a lot while they are on the pill, but like I said - It all depends on which pill she is taking and how her body reacts to it.

You think that is bad - go through "The Shot". My girl was mostly turned off for close to 5-6 months after she started getting it. She is back to normal now, but the first few months were hell.

i got this way when i started taking the pill. i just didn't want to have sex. i told my boyfriend i was getting off of them because it was twice as useless to take them. i also had my period every two weeks on them. hormones mess us up.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i got this way when i started taking the pill. i just didn't want to have sex. i told my boyfriend i was getting off of them because it was twice as useless to take them. i also had my period every two weeks on them. hormones mess us up.
    We know.

The pill can also make you an insecure, defensive b*tch, when combined with Prozac and Wellbutrin. Bottoms up!

Well ive been taking the pill for over 2 years.. and have never had any problems with my sex drive, actually i think ive wanted it more. Really depends on the person and there body reaction you might wanna ask her to change the type of pill she takes... for example i take yazmin... just a thought
    Remember it was a group of professionals that built the Titanic but an amateur who built the Ark
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Love isn't finding the perfect person, its seeing an
    imperfect person perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    We know.

The pill can also make you an insecure, defensive b*tch, when combined with Prozac and Wellbutrin. Bottoms up!
    well that's just what you have to deal with when you pick up your girlfriends from the psyche ward donut boy.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    well that's just what you have to deal with when you pick up your girlfriends from the psyche ward donut boy.
    Or a private Catholic school. It applies to both.

Well, to fix the "lack of wetness" aspect, there's lube. So many different kinds out there to try as well!!

There are a lot of different brands of birthcontrol. If your gf's having such bad/annoying side effects, maybe she needs to try a different kind. Some bc's have more effects then others.

I've never had a problem with my birth control. My drive is just as crazy as it was before. lol! Depends on the person!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn