My really good friend Arin and I just returned from a camping trip with some friends. Well we were with friends some of the time but mostly we were off doing out own things. Simple things like walking out to the beach jettys, collecting firewood, going into town grabbing lunch and breakfast, and lots and lots of talking. I've begun to realize that there isnt a moment when I'm not enjoying simply being around him. (note: we have been close friends for about a year, we didnt meet on this trip).

Lately, hes been having a lot of family issues and I've been helping him work through it. When talking to my friend she said, "whenever you talk about him you are selfless; you put yourself aside for the sake of his happiness and thats love. what if you told him?"

Well that "what if" is called Casey. Casey is Arins friend since they were tots and she lives next state over but they often see one another. He always talks about Casey, will randomly admit how much he misses Casey, and will even start a conversation with me and say "i have to finish this with Casey, sorry." He has told me how he simply loves everything about her and "no one can compare". When one of Arin's friends asked him out last month he mentioned to me "I said no because the whole time id just be wishing she was Casey, which sucks cause I really liked her." Casey has told Arin she is not interested in a relationship.

Me and Arin are close, he comes to me for advice, comfort, and has told his friends I'm one of his best friend here. But I just wish I knew how to find a place in his heart - when it seems to already be filled with Casey.

Anyone gone through something similar?! Thank you so much for your time!