+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I try approaching this girl? How?

Should I try approaching this girl? How?

So some months ago a girl at my school was very interested in me, she showed most signs but i was too afraid to do something. She still looks at me from the other side of the classroom sometimes and smile when I look back. I'm quite good looking, a little bit over average. i think she's about average too. But I live in a small town where like 95% are white, she's brown (like Beyonce) and it would be seen as kinda weird for us to be together. That's what i fear, prejudice from friends etc. Plus, I don't know if i'm really interested in her of if it's jsut hormones (I'm 18 and still a virgin, she's 19 but still goes in the same class).

What should I do? How can I get in contact with her? I'm not really sure if she's single either, should I ask her girl friend about it or would she then tell the girl that I asked her about it...?

The best thing to do would be to just go up and talk her; there can't really be any harm in doing that. Maybe if you come into class and sit down at a seat next to her, you can start talking to her? Just try and keep your cool, and don't worry about 'prejudice from friends'; if you do manage to start going out, the only thing that I would hear, is jealousy

And honestly, if they were to start giving you trouble over it; what kind of friends are they?

Hopefully that helps you somehow lol
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAA View Post
    What should I do? How can I get in contact with her? I'm not really sure if she's single either, should I ask her girl friend about it or would she then tell the girl that I asked her about it...?
    Second what Wiredbomb0 said there, good advice : )

The way you describe it, it sure looks like she's interested. As long as you don't come over like a wussbag, things should be ok. Get to know her, talk a bit, add her on facebook, meet up after school once, go biking together during the weekend... have fun : )

Well unfortunately she lives quite far away from me (30 mins), I don't have a driver's license and public transport is very bad here. Also she's Muslim so there may be too many cultural differences, i dunno. I've also seen that she talks tosomeone in her own language at school sometimes, pershaps her boyfriend? She deosn't have Facebook either I think, some weeks ago when I saw that she was on FB (I sat beside her) she told me that it was her sister's account. :S

Unfortunately I won't see her for a few weeks either now, we have christmas break in three days. Should I talk to her in that time or try to contact her before school starts again?

I'm unsure whether if I should sit net to her, me and my mates sit at the different end of the classroom and none of us really knows her. but sometimes lately she sits a bit more close, for example when we were in another classroom there was a seat right in front of me, she was quick to sit there... So obviously she wants contact, but we never get to talk because my mates expect me to hang with them during the breaks and I don't know where she is then (the school building is quite large).
    Last edited by GSAA; 20-12-09 at 08:06 AM.