+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend Troubles

Boyfriend Troubles

Ok so I have been dating this guy for 2 & 1/2 years we also live together. I am 25 and he is 22. Everything is good and we are moving in a month because he will be done with school. The only problem is that after dating for so long he still hasn't said that he loves me. When I ask him about it he says he doesn't know and when I say well what do you want out of this relationship he again says "I don't know"....it seems to be his answer for everything. He tells me that he is young and still in school and I understand that but not knowing whether he loves me or not after this long, whats up with that?? He also says he cares about me and doesn't want to hurt me, what is that supposed to mean?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After two and a half years he still hasn't said I love you? Why are you with him? I actually can't believe you've stuck by him this long. It doesn't sound to me like he's committed to you at all. It sounds like it's just what he said.....he doesn't know what he wants and he doesn't want to hurt you. So basically, he's staying in this just for you.

If I were you, I'd pull the plug on this. I think you are wasting your time with him. Let him go and figure out exactly what it is he wants, and you go find someone who knows they want to be with you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree. You're just way ahead of him, relationship-wise. Maybe you should try a guy three years older rather than three years younger. Could make a world of difference.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl802 View Post
    He tells me that he is young and still in school and I understand that but not knowing whether he loves me or not after this long, whats up with that?? He also says he cares about me and doesn't want to hurt me, what is that supposed to mean?
    It sounds like he cares about you, he really likes you and really doesn't want to hurt your feelings because you are very special to him. But at the same time, he doesn't want to settle for you and maybe look around for some better prospects at a later stage. Maybe if he doesn't find any, he'll come back to you. That's what I'm getting out of this.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I see it as he's holding onto you and if he finds something better he's going to leave you. If not...well 2.5 years and not telling you he loves you. I would have been long gone after that. He doesn't sound as mature as you, and I wouldn't expect him to be, you're 3 years older.