+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trust issues

CLK is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Trust issues

My partner wanted to go out to her friends birthday party at the friends house and take our 9 year old son with her. She said she would be back at eleven.

I agreed and took her to buy a dress, birthday card, gift and some booze for the party. I gave her a lift to the house and went home to look after our other two kids.

She came home at half past midnight. Turns out that she left our 9 year old at the house and went out on the town. She asked my son to lie to me and say she had been at the party all night.

She's lied to me many times in the past, but teaching my son to lie to me and cover for her is what I find most upsetting.

Feels like the last straw to me. Am I wrong?

I wouldnt put up with that. Do you feel as though she may have cheated in tbe past? Is that the type of thing she is lying about? If yes, i would pack of my stuff and go.

Telling your kids to lie to you is crossing a line.

Maybe couples counselling would help if u wana stay and try to make it work
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Users Country Flag
    Thanks michelle23. She has cheated in the past (I forgave 'cos I'm an idiot and thought things would change, sake of the kids etc), but yes, involving the kids in lying and covering for her is a new low that I can't/won't forgive.

I will not be packing my stuff though, I will be packing hers. Just needed to know I wasn't over reacting.

You should have reported her to the police for abandoning your son to go drinking and possible infidelity. Record all of this and get witnesses and then get a lawyer for full custody. What she did was child abuse. She used her own 9 year old son as an alibi and that IMO is sick. And you sir should have put your foot down and never have let her take your son to an adult party.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the response smackie9. I have all the evidence I need that she is an unfit mother, no worries on the kids staying with me. In my defence I was told that other kids would be there, "just a get together for some friends" and of course that they would be back at eleven. If I thought for a moment he would be dumped there (and asked to lie about it) or that they would be home after eleven there would be no way I would have agreed.

Think about it....who needs a bottle of alcohol and a new party dress if it's a get together with everyone bringing their kids? Alarm bells would be going off for me.

Best of luck OP. Sounds like you have made your mind up. Now stick with your decision
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".