+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she didn't feel a connection, but i miss her

she didn't feel a connection, but i miss her

so, i was dating a girl for 6 months. we had just got back from a week in mexico together - that was by far the happiest, most amazing week i have ever shared with another person. she was pretty distant after we got back and i asked her about. she said you could feel my feelings changed for her in mexico; that when i looked at her or touched her she could feel it was more than what it was before. when we got back she did some thinking and didn't see this as a long term thing. i asked her a couple days later and she explained she just didn't have that connection, that spark. this is a person who a few weeks earlier called me in the middle of the night about how much she missed me - we hadn't seen each other in 4 days. i asked her if there was something else; someone else. it would make the pain so much easier, but she said there was nothing like that.

what happened? now, she is 24 and i'm 30. i want her back so bad. i want to give her some space and time. i'm thinking leaving her alone for a few weeks and then seeing if we can't go out for dinner, that maybe that time away and absence will re-ignite the relationship. am i being stupid? am i wasting time? or is this maybe what she needs? does anyone have advice?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    she probably found someone else... or wants to find someone else. bottom line, you're not doing it for her buddy and she let you off while it's still fresh. just be thankful for that.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Your so slow, she's right in front of you take a best shot.
    If your going to let her go and have a check, she's not a thing that you could place it there and have it check later on if that thing is still working.

Why give her space and time what for?. Don't let her go your the man,... go to her place and bring some wine. Maybe she's longing for your warm embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by michzel creativ View Post
    Your so slow, she's right in front of you take a best shot.
    If your going to let her go and have a check, she's not a thing that you could place it there and have it check later on if that thing is still working.

Why give her space and time what for?. Don't let her go your the man,... go to her place and bring some wine. Maybe she's longing for your warm embrace.
    I'm sorry...but no, just no. Stop responding to things you don't have any experience with or know anything about. You've given terrible advice in a few threads. Learn before posting something you think you know. Your post doesn't even make sense.

Anyways, she's younger than you, she probably wants to move on and meet other people. Give her space, pushing to be with her will only push her further away.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I'm sorry...but no, just no. Stop responding to things you don't have any experience with or know anything about. You've given terrible advice in a few threads. Learn before posting something you think you know. Your post doesn't even make sense.

Anyways, she's younger than you, she probably wants to move on and meet other people. Give her space, pushing to be with her will only push her further away.
    Almost every piece of advice that poster gives is horrible.
    I don't chase, I replace.

She probably just isn't as interested in you as you are in her at the moment. There really isn't anything for you to do, but move on and give her the space that may need right now. If you try to pursue her right now, you run the risk of coming across as very needy to her.

The best thing for you to do is to move on. If she has any regrets about her decision, she'll come back to you on her own. There isn't really anything you can do to force this. Put yourself back on the market, is my advice.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by brkn_rktect View Post
    when we got back she did some thinking and didn't see this as a long term thing. i asked her a couple days later and she explained she just didn't have that connection, that spark.

She actually has been very honest to you. She doesn't have the chemistry of being "in love" with you. It is not her fault or yours. Some people click and have great chemistry - others don't. Some people think they have great chemistry and the feeling is not reciprocated.

I don't think chasing after her will do any good. It will make you seem a little desperate. Just let it be and try to focus on other things in your life.