+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why would my boyfriend delete our 'romantic' pictures from his Facebook timeline?

He doesn't want evidence of you on his page. Maybe he can hide his relationship status to other people. You can set up your privacy to show certain things to certain groups of friends. Get someone to add him and see if they can see his relationship status
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by anastasis View Post
    I just read the word 'Facebook'.
    Therefore, I can know that there is only delusion in this thread.
    To expand on what he said -
    People who are addicted to facebook are not normally very good with things like friendships, calling, getting together, etc.
    To the facebook zombie, a friendship or relationship is nothing more than a "status". I think of facebok as a place to softly reject people. Kinda like, "Look me up on facebook" is saying "I am socially awkward".

Dump the loser, the best he can do is date over fakebook. Meanwhile, you should be out trying to find a B/F who is into real life relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by kcydrebma View Post
    No it's not. Because it happens immediatly after I post the pictures, all his other pics are visible and he's really good with computers and software. I don't think he does this by accident. Also, no clingy or crazy ex-girlfriends from his past.
    Have you asked him yet? If not then I suggest you stop posting here asking strangers why he does it because everyone of the answers given are just sheer conjecture and in some cases (like by those that have already been cheated on) projection.

If you can't even ask him a simple question then I suspect you're relationship will soon end no matter why he doesn't keep your romantic pictures up.

Are you 13? Is that why you're asking us instead of him?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I know this is just white noise at this point, since I am going to say exactly what everybody else is saying... but ask him about it. As best you can, don't ask in an accusatory mannor, or argumentatively. Just ask calmly and matter-of-factly and allow him to explain.

Personally, I cannot understand any reason why he would feel the need to constantly take down any picture of the two of you.... unless it was because he is trying to keep his options open and doesn't want any other women knowing he is in a relationship. The problem with that theory, though, is you said it actually says on his profile that you two are in a relationship.

Of course, on Facebook, you can hide your relationship status from certain people, or even only show it to certain people. I would certainly hope somebody wouldn't go to those kind of lengths, but the sad truth is it wouldn't surprise me one bit. So, really, all you can do is talk to him about it.

And, I have to agree with some of the other thoughts here. Kind of annoying how we live in an age where Facebook is this important. LOL!

Its not projection WU. You always jump to that conclusion. Our generation know how FB works and not having evidence of your partner on it is a HUGE red flag. Most young people tell their whole life story on FB including what they ate for breakfast and who with..

Indeed. People put WAY too much information on Facebook and other social media these days. People need to learn that some things need to be kept private.

Sorry, I disagree that its not projection, michelle. They can tell when their last crap was as far as I'm concerned... whatever we GUESS here is just that and she should be asking him and telling him that she wants their photos up. Not us.

People putting up too much information is not the issue but I too agree that they do, Jester.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well OP did ask our opinion lol. She got it. That's kinda the point.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Well OP did ask our opinion lol. She got it. That's kinda the point.
    Yes, and I'm (and others are) telling her the futility in that as I've stated already but you like to circle argue so I'll just wave out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    People putting up too much information is not the issue but I too agree that they do, Jester.
    No, I agree. That is not the issue here. Just a side thought on my part. Actually, the issue here seems to be that this particular chap doesn't put up enough. After all, he is deleting evidence of their relationship for some reason.

I think it may be because he doesn't want other people to think that he is "whipped". You know, part of his manliness issues to appear macho and all that. If you and him have pictures in his facebook all kissing and hugging, he'd feel a bit emasculated.

His other pictures with girls are just silly faces I gather and nothing really cheesy? Which might make him feel that they're okay.

If you ask me however, I don't like those types of guys who feel like they have to prove their masculinity to the rest of the world. It just reeks of insecurity.

Again, this is just a guess. We won't know for sure unless you talk to him.

That is definitely one possibility that I hadn't thought of before. I think that is a good point. That could possibly have something to do with it. I don't know. That seems less likely, but it is still entirely possible. Even that, though, is ridiculous and evidence that perhaps he isn't mature enough to have a relationship in the first place. You shouldn't feel this crazy need to prove your masculinity. If I was lucky enough to have a good girlfriend who loved me, I wouldn't care who saw our pictures. I'd be proud and want those pictures on my Facebook. Anybody wants to question my manhood, they can do it to my face and see why I'm TheEvilJester. >:-)

Anyways, whether the majority of us are correct, or this new theory holds water, either way it seems immature if you ask me. You should talk to him about it (again, in as friendly a manner as possible) and see what he says. Gage from there whether his explanation makes any sense, and whether he is mature enough to deserve you as his girlfriend.

I haven't asked him yet, because I want to ask it in real life and I haven't seen him since sunday. But I will, and I will post the response. Thanks for all the reactions I got from you all. I just don't believe that if -worst case scenario- he cheats on me and therefore hides the pictures, he would admit it? He probably would deny it.
    Maybe I should indeed check if he hides our relationship status for others, that would be the dealbreaker for me.

Oh, if he is enough of a slimeball to be cheating on you, then you are probably right. He probably won't admit it. But, it isn't like it will be that hard to tell. If his explanation seems to drip with BS and slime, then that is probably because it is BS and he is a slimeball. That said, sometimes particularly slimey guys are very good at lying. So, be careful.

That said, it could be entirely possible that he has a reason that will make sense, or that you are just worrying over nothing. I think we can all generally agree that deleting all "relationship" pictures of you seems fishy. I can't see any good reason to do that. But, I certainly don't want to vilify the guy before you even get a chance to talk to him about it. Either way, good luck. I hope it either turns out to be nothing and everything is okay, or if not, I hope you find the strength to move on and eventually find somebody who will appreciate you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast