+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Approaching the girl

Approaching the girl

Hi, I met an amazing girl, wish I had met her freshman year not senior year, but that doesn't matter. I like her a lot, she is optimistic, beautiful, carefree, and has an incredible smile.

I guess we can say we're friends, I got to know her because we were put in the same group in Principles of Engineering, which surprised me because she's all that i said and she's in to engineering!!

Thing is, how do i approach someone like her? She seems so perfect, although no one is perfect for a fact I know, how do I get to fall for someone like me?

So all the time we've spent together, she's always laughing and smiling so I don't think I bore her.. well we exchanged numbers and I ALWAYS text her first, if not she wouldn't text me at all. <-- She's not interested huh?

Well, I'm not about to give up, we're gonna spend some more time together for the project, but what comes of it next?

First I think my first step is to get to know her better
    Then get a little more intimate like hugging
    Then asking her out to the movies or something
    What do you guys think?

How do I boost my confidence and Self-esteem and approach this goddess?

Any good advices to make her fall for me? Lol? I admit I'm always surely desperate for her.
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

You got the same case as me. Like Giga told me, I'm telling this to you now.

"Grow some balls and tell her straight to her face"

Yep yep

I forgot to add, find some place where you can be alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

How did it go for you? To be honest how can i get her to be alone with me in the first place? i don't see her outside of class or school... I leave early cause i don't have a 6th period...

Thing is i have the balls to tell her straight, but I'd rather have my balls cut off than have things be awkward with her
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

i have gone through similar situation... my steps was

1) show tat u care for her. show that u will be the 1st 1 to notice if she is sad. make jokes.
    2) Ask her out for movie or lunch or dinner.. start small.. but make her feel secured...
    3) once out dinner or lunch.. if she talk listen to her and respond to her.. it will make a girl to feel he is a right guy..
    4) make sure she know tat u and her are not only buddies and there is something more into it.. tell her that u have feeling for this girl but she is a fren and you are not sure how will she handle it..
    5) take 3 months then just propose.. there is nothing to loose.. she might say she want to think bout it but she will realize tat u are perfect for her...

cheers hope it help
    Last edited by mugi86; 30-09-09 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugi86 View Post
    i have gone through similar situation... my steps was

1) show tat u care for her. show that u will be the 1st 1 to notice if she is sad. make jokes.
    2) Ask her out for movie or lunch or dinner.. start small.. but make her feel secured...
    3) once out dinner or lunch.. if she talk listen to her and respond to her.. it will make a girl to feel he is a right guy..
    4) make sure she know tat u and her are not only buddies and there is something more into it.. tell her that u have feeling for this girl but she is a fren and you are not sure how will she handle it..
    5) take 3 months then just propose.. there is nothing to loose.. she might say she want to think bout it but she will realize tat u are perfect for her...

cheers hope it help
    1) Making joke on her sadness? I think consoling is better? Nah, it depends on your personalities.
    2) Yeah and if she started to say let's dutch the ticket price, and dutch everything.. you better give it up.
    3) If she never mentioned anything, she may be leeching on you for a free lunch/dinner but don't worry. You're still not sure yet. Don't flustered, don't panic and don't act macho. Be yourself but don't be too goofy. Uhh... it's okay if you became Goofy, no matter your reactions or actions, if she's dead set on you, she's on you.
    4) Yeah, start being touchy touchy and get her reaction on it. I meant slight touch on hand, etc. Yeah, tell her you like this another girl and you can get yourself a whole new KOREA series and start watching how it goes. Maybe if you're lucky it will end with just 24 episodes!
    5) Take 3 months and off she goes with another dude. Good luck! I would suggest the numbers of time you actually meet her and the quality of time you spend with her. You should start taking hints.
    Last edited by Reath; 30-09-09 at 05:55 PM.
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

Quote Originally Posted by NewToLove View Post
    How did it go for you? To be honest how can i get her to be alone with me in the first place? i don't see her outside of class or school... I leave early cause i don't have a 6th period...

Thing is i have the balls to tell her straight, but I'd rather have my balls cut off than have things be awkward with her
    Yep, you got the same illness with me except that I can always get her to be alone with me no matter the situation/time/whatever.

I don't know? I mean I just went up to her and say, "Hey, I need to talk to you." Then I start looking at her surrounding and stare at an isolated spot. Naturally she will suggest herself to go there. If she didn't, I will add on with ,"Can we get over there before I start?".

You can start doing this a few times before you tell her how you feel. At least she will be comfortable being alone with you.

Just don't make a serious face as if she is convicted of a crime unless you're planning on proposing(human tends to tense up subconsciously unless they are so norm at it)
    I like this

reath,
    your culture may be diff.. then mine but if u are planning to score then urs is much faster...

this worked for my buddies... if they are said for sure they will consult not 1 is tat stupid to make a joke... if u think giving a free lunch to get to her bad... then it show how cheap u are..

sorry reath.. this work for my buddies so this is just my opnion..

Quote Originally Posted by mugi86 View Post
    reath,
    your culture may be diff.. then mine but if u are planning to score then urs is much faster...

this worked for my buddies... if they are said for sure they will consult not 1 is tat stupid to make a joke... if u think giving a free lunch to get to her bad... then it show how cheap u are..

sorry reath.. this work for my buddies so this is just my opnion..
    How about NewToLove's culture?

I never say anything about bad giving a free lunch. I hope you can re-read my sentence before you type. What's wrong with it? Did you see that I post anything bad about giving free lunch? I only warn him because some people are touchy and money constrained and it's bad not to take notes how much money you got in your wallet.

Having to score? Score on the bed you mean? Seriously is that what you only think of?
    Last edited by Reath; 01-10-09 at 01:29 AM.
    I like this

oh ...you guys know how to keep it simple, dont ya!?

Uhh I really thank you guys for all the information you guys are throwing at me.. too bad none are seeping into me..

Culture? I really don't know.. I live in an area consisting of 40% Hispanic, 25% Caucasian, 30% African american and like 5% others, I am the 5% others but I am very cultured cause I do stay away from my own cultural, traditional background I am Chinese -_- but I'm putting race aside cause that's something I don't ever want to touch, I am never racist.. okay fine.. I"m a little biased but I'm mostly neutral. is that what you guys are looking for as cultural?

She's Hispanic...

It's been a bad week (my dad got in a car accident, new contact lenses bother me, lots of school work, and of course normal stress every senior gets) and me and her have totally nothing to talk about but school

I'm epic fail at this point, we don't have that click in out conversations like it just died. I plan on picking it back up on Monday when i have picked myself back up mentally and physically...

I was thinking.. no point in trying to show her my bad side... maybe i was wrong
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

Nope, don't show her your bad side unless you can't help it(in this case you won't even know it). You being born there, you more or less has already merged with their culture so don't worry about that aspect because what you do in everyday life is that of your culture in that area.

When we talk about culture, what we are saying is the way people behaves in a place. Let's say it's a taboo to eat from your hand in one place doesn't mean it will be in another place. Something along that line.

How about you try telling her that she's a great person to be with next time and see how it goes. It has a very vague meaning because it can meant for a friend or a lover.
    I like this

I guess, i wanted to say she looked splendid today... but i don't really have a chance.. she never NEVER approaches me.. should i really just walk up to her and just say "Hey Vanessa *smile* you look splendid today, well see ya later"
    -- Mignon McLaughlin