+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if a guy asks for your number will he call you?

if a guy asks for your number will he call you?

so i've been talking to this guy in one of my classes at uni. i have a crush on him i believe he's attracted to me and it all seems very highschool though we're both in our 20s.
    anyways, long story short, he asked me for my number this week and said he would call me. i don't have class with him again for a little under a week. before he asked me for my number he asked if i would go to his place for lunch but i had to run.
    will he call me or not?
    i'm anxious to hear from him we talked for a good hour straight last week in person after class.
    i do know it might be a few days but is there some specified time i should wait as well?
    i have his number but he said he would call me so i'm NOT going to call him.

if you tell us what kind of guy he is, it'll probably help us know if he will call or not. is he nice? is he like a badass? do all types of girls have crushes on him?

Okay, well he's a really nice guy I would say. supports himself takes care of his family quite a bit, though he doesn't live with them cos they're slightly crazy.
    he's so nice that he gives extra of anything he has away for free to friends and what not. pot mostly. he reads a lot, makes eye contact with you, and is super honest, told me exactly what he was thinking and said things most people don't usually say i mean the type of honesty you would only use with a best friend.
    he's very attractive but he seems to scorn at the girly girls in class, the, for lack of better words, airheads who don't participate.
    there's not really any b/s when you're talking to him. otherwise i don't know anymore about him yet.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A guy asking for your phone number is no guarantee he will call you. However, since he will be seeing you at school, he would be stupid not to.

Don't call him. If he really likes you, he will call within a few days. If he doesn't call you within a few days, he doesn't really like you as much as he should.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i think it'd be very flattering if you did call him though. if he's busy with taking care of his family, he may need to be called just for reassurance. if he says something like "i didnt forget i just have things i needed to do..." thats a good guy. if after you call that he seems to be lazy despite his "coolness", THEN i'd suggest looking at him as not worth your time.

a girl almost NEVER calls a guy it seems at first and it sometimes it makes us guys really wonder if a girl actually does like that guy or just doesn't really give a shit. so if you call him and if he does like you, he should be quite flattered.

what if i was to txt msg him? or is that too impersonal.
    and what do i say? why am i calling him if he said he'd call me? doesn't that look kind of desperate or sucky or something?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by alidile View Post
    why am i calling him if he said he'd call me? doesn't that look kind of desperate or sucky or something?

Yes. Let HIM be the boy. You will feel better about the whole thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Stirfry Guest
    Wait and see what happens. Call him if you really want to. In the meantime, just don't worry about it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yes. Let HIM be the boy. You will feel better about the whole thing.
    +1 He's a guy, you're a gal. Let him call.

Without getting into the whole feminista pro-con arguments, I think you and he will both be most comfortable w/him making the move. You will have ample opportunity in future to assert yourself. There is nothing wrong w/men being men & women being women. Vive la differance.

If he doesn't call and you see him in class, let him know politely you were disappointed he didn't call. Let it go at that; it may be he had a good reason. If not, shrug it off.

But I bet he will call.

I'm sure he will call- he sounds like he's really into you. Don't worry if he takes what seems like forever. Some guys get really bad advice about that, and can wait a week or more to call a girl. It seems like the more attracted they are, the more they want to play it cool, which makes the girl feel like shit, doesn't it?

Hopefully, he's got some experience with these tings and some ex-girlfriend of his trained him up.
    Spammer Spanker

apparently there's this pattern and code about how long a guy has to wait to call a girl... is this true? my friend said if he calls by today (tuesday) that's a good guy and if he calls by thursday at least he called and if he waits til class then he's stupid. this sounds like bullocks the last 2 parts that is but is there some kinda code?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is bullocks. And it's exactly why he hasn't called you. I bet you anything he was dying to call you the very day he got your number. But that would make him look too needy, like he has nothing better to do with his time or some bullshit like that.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Bollocks or not, the rules exist, and people do follow them. Two days is optimal, three is playing it cool, four is pushing it, a week is a red flag that he's not as interested as you'd like him to be.
    Spammer Spanker

so now i certainly feel like a nerd.
    we have a huge assignment due on friday and we were the only ones who had not yet started it as of last class.
    if i sent a txt saying, how's the essay going.... or is that just not a good idea as well. i'm looking for reasons not to do that like getting a call first. haha
    i've never been so anxious about anything for so long. geeze

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope! Hang tough, girl. Besides, if you both have an assignment due on Friday, maybe you should be working on that? And Maybe that is what is delaying his call...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast