+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Need To Tell A Girl How I Feel About Her, How Do I Do It?

I Need To Tell A Girl How I Feel About Her, How Do I Do It?

Hi i'm a new member to the forum, so was wondering if anyone can help me out.

Right so here's the situation, there's this girl that I really like and I think that I should tell her how I feel, I just don't know the right way to go about it. It first started when I got a new job about a year and a half ago, she works in the same place as me and the first day I started I thought that she was a very attractive and good looking girl but that was it , nothing more, anyway over this past year or so we've become friends, we've been out for drinks and we can generally just have a laugh together, but over the last few months my feelings have developed for her big time, I literally can't stop thinking about her, whatever I'm doing she just pops into my head and whenever I think about her I get the feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

Now I've had crushes before on girls but this girl is something different, I've never felt this strongly about a girl before, you see the thing is I don't know whether I should tell her that I feel like this because as I previously said we've become friends and I don't want to make her feel awkward around me and I certainly do not want to lose our friendship, but on the other hand I don't just want to sit back and lose the girl of my dreams. As she's single at the moment she keeps talking about how she wants to meet someone nice and it's killing me so much because I want to say something to her, but I just can't, It would absolutely destroy me if she was to meet someone else so I feel that I should tell her now. I don't want to sound soppy but I think that I may love her as I think I would literally do anything for her. Also whenever I look at her it breaks my heart to know how much I feel for her and she doesn't know. She's all I've ever dreamed of in a girl, I just can't lose her.

Please help me, any advice is welcome,

Thank You for your Time

My advice is that you convey your feelings to her. You like her and there is nothing wrong in it. Do not be scared whether she will stop talking to you or you will lose her friendship. If you do not tell her, you will lose her anyway so why not express your feelings. So just relax and release your resistance for love. There are no obstacles blocking your way, other than those that you believe in.

- DO NOT tell her you love her. She'll run away screaming.

- She wants to get to know you before dating you exclusively. So say something like this: "Hi, I think you're sweet and have a nice sense of humor. Do you want to go out to dinner on Friday so we can get to know each other more?"

A date is a chance to get to know each other, not score some boob. If the date goes well, ask her out on another at the end of the first date. For a first date I usually do dinner in a small, quiet restaurant, NOT a chain like TGIF or Chili's. Those are always noisy in my town.

Anyway, don't tell her you have a crush on her, it's too much too fast. Just tell her you want a date to get to know her.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)