+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried I might have said something creepy.. Am I overthinking?

Worried I might have said something creepy.. Am I overthinking?

Been texting and phoning this girl for a while, who I haven't met. We've done snapchat, etc to clarify my pictures are who I say I am.

So I said to her "Tell me something about yourself, then I'll give you something about me" and she said "Well we can play the question game if you like.. Ask a question and il answer it, then il ask you and you answer "

Anyway we did that, went well.. But the end of the conversation went like this:

Girl - Haha.. Aww that's quite cute ah but not passed? I don't know I rarely remember. What's your longest relationship?

Me - Not passed, but I'm going to! Might start riding a camel instead.. And just over a year. Do you like massages?

Girl - ha ha you won't get far with that! Yeah.. Head massages the best.. Love my hair being played with and my head being rubbed! What's the biggest put off a girl can have?

(At midnight)

Me - Can have my best head massages if you're lucky! and if a girl has facial hair, kidding.. I'd say when a girl isn't confident in what she wants. What do you usually wear when you go to sleep?

Girl - A tshirt. I'm going to sleep now night

Girl - Xx

I was thinking about it and it felt like her reply was a bit abrupt, like she seemed creeped out? After looking at my reply, I was thinking what if it was too creepy considering we aren't in a relationship yet and we haven't met.

But then again, she randomly put a couple of x's in a second reply.

I don't want her to think I'm a creep now, but I don't want to look insecure by asking. If she acts "off" with me, would it be safe to assume this might be the cause?

Yes, it was creepy. She was smart to shut you down.

Any time a guy starts with the "what are you wearing" crap, or worse, you asking what she wears to bed, a wise woman knows nothing good is coming after that.

If it were me, I'd be turned off, and disappointed you turned out to be "that guy".

Next time you chat, do NOT start asking those kind of personal questions.

But, more importantly, why aren't you meeting??

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Yes, it was creepy. She was smart to shut you down.

Any time a guy starts with the "what are you wearing" crap, or worse, you asking what she wears to bed, a wise woman knows nothing good is coming after that.

If it were me, I'd be turned off, and disappointed you turned out to be "that guy".

Next time you chat, do NOT start asking those kind of personal questions.

But, more importantly, why aren't you meeting??
    Should I apologise next time for being that forward? As my questions were quite random anyway.

Or should I let it blow over and ask her questions that aren't forward? Basically so I show her that's not the sort of guy I am.

It's the first time I've ever asked her any sort of question like that.

You're fine....don't worry about it. Don't apologize just dont mention it again and talk about what friends talk about.....music, politics....whatever. Save the intimate talk for when you are dating

If she was really put off she's not have replied back at all....but who knows? Just continue on and ask her out already....don't get hung up on crap you may or may not have said

Next time....just call her and have a normal conversation on the phone....it shows you're serious and confident instead of hiding behind a phone keyboard
    Last edited by surfhb2; 31-07-13 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    You're fine....don't worry about it. Don't apologize just dont mention it again and talk about what friends talk about.....music, politics....whatever. Save the intimate talk for when you are dating

If she was really put off she's not have replied back at all....but who knows? Just continue on and ask her out already....don't get hung up on crap you may or may not have said

Next time....just call her and have a normal conversation on the phone....it shows you're serious and confident instead of hiding behind a phone keyboard
    That's a good point, she wouldn't have bothered with a second text with two kisses either. I would phone her, but I'd have to ask when she'd be available to phone because her work hours vary from early afternoon to late evening or late evening to 1am.

I'm not one for asking, I usually just go ahead with it. I'll text her tomorrow, but bring up about preferring phone calls to texting.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfan08 View Post
    Should I apologise next time for being that forward? As my questions were quite random anyway.

Or should I let it blow over and ask her questions that aren't forward? Basically so I show her that's not the sort of guy I am.

It's the first time I've ever asked her any sort of question like that.
    No, I wouldn't apologize, just correct the behavior.

What else have you asked her that's sexual?? If there have been other questions like this, and she's still talking to you, then you might as well go all in, since she doesn't seem to mind. lol

Just my two cents here. This is exactly why I would never text a girl to get to know her. This generation is so stupid when it comes down to it. Of course things can be taken the wrong way. You are nothing to this person but a freaking computer at the moment. This is a dinosaur concept but I'm going to say it anyway................that phone you are holding onto, get her...................phone number. Call her up and talk to her like humans usually do. You want to stop being creepy, then stop texting and call a girl!

No, I wouldn't apologize, just correct the behavior.

What else have you asked her that's sexual?? If there have been other questions like this, and she's still talking to you, then you might as well go all in, since she doesn't seem to mind. lol
    Looking through my texts, I'd say only thing that came close a while back was when I told her about having to walk back a long way after a night out.

She misunderstood what I said (like having a random go at me) then immediately said "I don't mean that, that was nasty", so I said "What?" and she apologised saying "I was being a bitch but I didn't meant it. It's nice that you want to be with me " and I said in a jokey way that if she did a great job massaging my legs and they're not sore in the morning, I'd let her off.

That's probably as forward as I've been in the past, but she responded to that with "Depends how vivid your dreams are really"

(In that situation, I'd have carried on acting aloof with her for her behaviour, but she apologised so..)

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Just my two cents here. This is exactly why I would never text a girl to get to know her. This generation is so stupid when it comes down to it. Of course things can be taken the wrong way. You are nothing to this person but a freaking computer at the moment. This is a dinosaur concept but I'm going to say it anyway................that phone you are holding onto, get her...................phone number. Call her up and talk to her like humans usually do. You want to stop being creepy, then stop texting and call a girl!

We have used the phone before, but she seems to be more preferable to text. That's my mistake not pushing it lately.

I'll text her tomorrow and mention it, mostly because her work schedule changes. Otherwise I'd just phone her straight up.

If there were ever a way to be misunderstood its through texting.

Do you plan to meet her at all? Or, is this thing going to happen only virtually?

Now would be a good time to step up and meet.

Do you plan to meet her at all? Or, is this thing going to happen only virtually?

Now would be a good time to step up and meet.
    Yeah I do plan to meet her, but I did cut contact with her over a week ago as I assumed she wasn't interested. She wondered why, I decided to be direct with her and she was confused because I "never asked her questions" which I didn't.

So I'm wanting to spend this week getting to know her over the phone. I don't want to rush into meeting up because I am technically a stranger, but I will go for it.

You should just meet up in person for coffee or a drink...then you wont be strangers anymore. How did you first get into contact anyway?

I still think it is Sooo weird to meet people online or through those phone texting apps....so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfan08 View Post
    So I'm wanting to spend this week getting to know her over the phone.
    People get to know each by spending time in real life. Not playing 20 questions over text.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    You should just meet up in person for coffee or a drink...then you wont be strangers anymore. How did you first get into contact anyway?

I still think it is Sooo weird to meet people online or through those phone texting apps....so weird.
    Usually I wouldn't ask a girl out for coffee, but in my scenario and having not met her, I suppose this would be a good idea. Then if we click in person, arrange a proper date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast