+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friendly or more??

Friendly or more??

Hello, i really need some male opinons. A few months ago this guy has started saying hello everytime i see him in passing and also a couple of times has even grabbed my attention by calling out to me and then saying hi.

But i'm kind of confused as most of the time he seems pretty happy just to say hello and not move forward. So i dont know if he's saying hello due to the fact he's just friendly (he seems to chat to alot of people) or whether he is actually interested. I dont know if i'm seeing more than there is because i'm interested.

So what do you guys think?

Maybe he just likes you as a friend, if he's friendly by nature as you say - then if he liked you more I don't understand why he wouldn't pursue anything further than a "hello". Why don't YOU try talking to him? You never know,I could be way off and maybe he's shy when it comes to girls.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    Maybe he just likes you as a friend, if he's friendly by nature as you say - then if he liked you more I don't understand why he wouldn't pursue anything further than a "hello". Why don't YOU try talking to him? You never know,I could be way off and maybe he's shy when it comes to girls.
    I agree with Venacava. He might not know how to transition into regular conversation with you, and if you don't do it, it might not happen.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

what is up with the google ads in peoples' posts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Annoying, isn't it?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well I personally ALWAYS say hello to girls ive had a crush on whenever i see them and always try to engage in to conversation. But thats just me.

If he said hello for no apparent reason, I would assume that he likes you.

Has he said anything else? Talked to you about anything at all?

I really would prefer it if a girl would ask me out instead us guys "having: to do it. Dont take this as ask him out. Some guys may be fine talking out in a crowd but one on one for something a little more personal can be scary.

I suggest you just try talking to him for now. If you can find a time when he's not doing anything with anyone. And dont put him on the spot right away by asking if he likes you. If you just chat about whatever you can think of, it is likely he'll feel comfortable around you and may say something you may want to hear. Assuming of course, that you want him to ask you out.

If he doesnt say anything at the end of the conversation, and you get a good vibe off him and enjoyed the few minutes you spent together, Then you may have to say something like "maybe you'd like to hang out again sometime" and just play it by ear from there

Thanks for your opinions. I know that i should speak to him then i'll get a clearer idea of what hes thinking. But i'm useless at starting conversations, i know it wud b too forward to just ask him if it likes me.
    A friend of mine suggested trying to ask about college and if i goes badly admit im rubbish at starting conversations but do you think this would freak him out??

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's possible.

Just take the next step. Try to talk to him about something. If he seems eager, then there might be something there. If not, then you won't have to worry about it again.

Ok so we spoke somewhat, dunno if it really counts as it was work related. But now i'm even more confused. He basically mumbled something so i asked him if i could help but he needed to speak to a specific person so i couldnt, he then stood there for a few seconds and then he needed to get back to work and so did i so i said bye and he was silent for abit and then said bye as well.
    But the whole time he didnt look at me directly and he seemed uncomfortable and distracted.

God i feel about 13 again.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he is shy, OF COURSE he didn't look at you! If you want him, you will have to be more direct.

He COULD be interested.

Saying hello is always a good start and if he's going out of his way to grab your attention he must be keen.

Try having a conversation that goes farther than simply two 'hello's'

How about a 'hello there'. Then work your way to a 'hello there how are you'?Then on to a 'hello there how are you today?' Progressing to a complete sentence and see how it goes
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Hello
    thank you all for your advice but the last time i saw him he completely blanked me and i havent seen him since even tho i used to see him all the time. So i give up as he obv. has. Ah well plenty more blokes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by purplerose86 View Post
    Hello
    thank you all for your advice but the last time i saw him he completely blanked me and i havent seen him since even tho i used to see him all the time. So i give up as he obv. has. Ah well plenty more blokes out there.
    Next time you blank him!........maybe if he thinks your not so keen, he'll get more interested. A bit of reverse psycology never goes a stray

If not, as you said, plenty more fish in the sea
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Yeah i'll try it, see what happens i've got nothing to lose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast