+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hooking up with your least objectional friend.

Hooking up with your least objectional friend.

Hey ladies. I'm curious about a thought process I see popping up in younger women all the time.

Its happen to me with my Ex's and about 3 months ago I saw it happen with a good buddy and his Ex.

When women leave men it sure does seem like most of them hook up with their least objectionable guy friend. Typically this happens VERY rapidly after the break up with the first guy. I'm also noticing they are SUPER clingy with the friend and are typically VERY boisterous about the fact "No this is the guy I want to be with. I'm REALLY in love this time." while vehemently hating their Ex.

I've also noticed that least objectionable guy is typically less experienced in relationships and is more prone to being submissive.

Whats awkward is I've noticed a female co-worker of mine whom I appear to be on her least objectionable guy radar. I do find her attractive and fairly desirable but I am not going to be the "best alternative" for her to cling too. To me that just isn't what love is. She says its been 4 months and shes over him (year long relationship) but when I mention she should date a lot and try to meet someone new her whole attitude is "I don't have time for that."
    Last edited by Graham Berkeley; 28-04-10 at 09:38 PM.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Yes, it's often convenient to pick a Rebound Clown from your circle of acquaintances. To me, this is shitty, emotionally irresponsible behavior, but the guys involved usually don't really mind all that much because they're finally getting into a pair of panties they thought they'd never touch.

Exhibit A in the "Can people be friends with the opposite sex?" prosecution argument.
    Spammer Spanker

I know this one girl who has been with her "Rebound Clown" for 3.5 years... At what point does it become a legitimate relationship?

Incidentally she still hates her Ex with the passion of the day she left. I casually mentioned to her that after so long neither her or her ex are the same people and maybe she should relax and she got pretty angry saying "No. I'll never let him into my life ever again."
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

No other opinions huh?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

i agree with giga. what the hell else do you want to hear? she said it all.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

"At what point does it become a legitimate relationship?" I guess thats what I'm wondering... I've seen couples that have been together forever that started as rebounds...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    "At what point does it become a legitimate relationship?" I guess thats what I'm wondering... I've seen couples that have been together forever that started as rebounds...
    Generally, when the duration of the rebound relationship reaches 53.4% of the previous one, the new relationship will "flip" into legitimacy.

Hope that helps, Graham. Wrong questions makes any answer meaningless.