+ Follow This Topic

Thread: False Hope?

False Hope?

Just got out of a long distance relationship we met at work over the summer been togehter 3months, we both go to different universities- she says;

"honestly, i feel like the spark has gone, almost like the relationship has run its course. i still like you i think you are one of the nicest guys ive met and none of this is your fault but when im at uni and kind of now i dont feel like i have a boyfriend. I dont see you enough to feel that we are actually together. It just feels like your a friend who i talk to and text every now and again. This next semester and year is a massive one for me and for you and i dont wanna spend it worrying about us or trying to make something work which my heart isnt in.
    sorry "

Completely understand and agree with this part, but;

"i think its for the best
    you never know maybe when we can both drive (although im not holding my breath for me!) it might be more achievable but atm i think its the best option id rather it be like this now then happen in a few weeks and end like you and your ex, i wanna be able to stay in contact without you hating me."

My last relationship ended up going long distance and i ended up resenting my girlfriend beause she was too clingy and had me texting and calling her 24/7 or she'd get in a mood. Which is the opposite to her, so i guess she thought because she'd lost the spark and wasnt showing me any affection i'd end up hating her.. which is possibly true.

Is she just trying to be nice or does she mean that maybe we will be able to get back together some day? It's just a shame things have to end between us i really liked her and it kinda feels like i've been robbed because we both go to different universitys. I'd definately be happy to pick things up once we've finished but... maybe she doesn't feel the same way.
    Last edited by Holdme; 11-01-11 at 06:56 PM.
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet